Med Supp question

Never thought about it before, but Gene Wilder does have sexy eyes.
You know I was talking about Marty. :laugh:

MV5BMTIwMjA5ODc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDEwOTg2._V1_UY1200_CR82,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
:confused:

Yes I take xarelto myself

With Afib they need to take a blood thinner

So it would be a maintenance for Afib If a company won't take blood thinner then they don't work with Afib

I'm putting someone through Lumico today that had AFib until 9/18 when he had ablation. Last cardioversion about same time. Stopped taking Xarelato 3/2019 due to improvement. Htn is controlled w/ 1 med and otherwise clean.

I'll let everyone know what happens as it's a good best case study scenerio.

And Lumico denied him. So there's that..

Basically, you can't have a new diagnosis or increase in meds in last two years. This guy had a decrease in meds, but had cardioversion last year.

I think that was his knockout.

I asked for his individual denial notice. If it's not an error I'll just wait out 9/2020.

Last edited:
UHC still let you move up or down in Florida. We also get paid full on G.I. situations. I wish other companies could sustain low rates here but they just don’t

UHC still let you move up or down in Florida. We also get paid full on G.I. situations. I wish other companies could sustain low rates here but they just don’t

It's funny because in MI UHC and the blues are absolutely the most expensive plans on the market. They participate in the Michigan Medigap Subsidy that knocks off some of the costs if you qualify and makes them somewhat competitive; but that runs out in 2021.

I avoid them like the plague.

I suspect UHC has staked out areas where folks go to live out their "sunset" years, marked their territory, and dared anyone else to compete. They are big enough to sell @ break even or a loss in certain areas, drive out competitors, and live to die another day.

FL & AZ are obvious targets as God's waiting room. CA and NY because of population and sharing the same political leanings.

The rest of the states don't matter to them.

They have never been a factor in (still) Red State Georgia.

Back