• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicaid Ending Question

no question those are issues . But I pt to finances . So with part b premium the min anyone’s at us about $360 a month . Husband / wife that’s big in retirement for many people .
Since finances is your point why do you bring up the Part B premium? They're going to pay that regardless of what they go with. MS or MA.

Your posts seem to concentrate too much on their SS benefit and not on what they've got. I deal with people every day that have a million or more in CDs, stocks, 401Ks, etc. They don't seem to be too worried about a $150 monthly MS premium.

Here’s the other part.

If you are living on SS only, then by definition, saving money isn’t your thing.

So at $2500 a month, do you get N and D at $125 (TX) a month so you aren’t panicked at a $1500 hip replacement? Or an MAPD?

Plus, you can always switch back to MAPD and the reverse isn’t true outside of CT and NY.

And anyone who says hospital Indemnity, cancer, critical illness or whatever else can KMA. By the time you buy all that crap, just get Plan N.

Since finances is your point why do you bring up the Part B premium? They're going to pay that regardless of what they go with. MS or MA.

Your posts seem to concentrate too much on their SS benefit and not on what they've got. I deal with people every day that have a million or more in CDs, stocks, 401Ks, etc. They don't seem to be too worried about a $150 monthly MS premium.

Because the vast majority of the people I deal with have no 401 k or cd’s . I analyze the clients total income not just their ss . Many of the people with better retirements like the state , county , big corps get their Medicare thru 3rd party outfits like Aon etc . Most get $2000 or more a yr to pay for their Medicare. Do you do sell their pdp plans ? I remember before the mapd craze outfits like Chris whestphal used to have Telemarketers calling all day finding Med sup clients to flip . I used to be amazed middle income people would flip to save $10-$20 a month with no name carrier’s .Do agents still make a living flipping med sup plans ?

Last edited:
Because the vast majority of the people I deal with have no 401 k or cd’s . I analyze the clients total income not just their ss . Many of the people with better retirements like the state , county , big corps get their Medicare thru 3rd party outfits like Aon etc . Most get $2000 or more a yr to pay for their Medicare. Do you do sell their pdp plans ? I remember before the mapd craze outfits like Chris whestphal used to have Telemarketers calling all day finding Med sup clients to flip . I used to be amazed middle income people would flip to save $10-$20 a month with no name carrier’s .Do agents still make a living flipping med sup plans ?

You crack me up.

$20 a month
$240 a year
$480 a couple

I don’t move people for $20 a year but you consistently show you are only interested in how to get people and make money. I realize we are running a business but I’m also in this for the long haul. At age 72, if they can get through UW, it’s time to move.

I do have clients that get my expertise on their VIA benefits, while I make $0. Usually because their financial planner sends me people all year long and keeping them happy is well worth my time.

And Westfall moves most people from F to N, it’s way more than $20/month.

You are transactional. Nothing wrong with that.

I have clients. There’s a difference.

Because the vast majority of the people I deal with have no 401 k or cd’s
That's the biggest difference between you and me. I aim for the sweet spot. Middle income clients.

big corps get their Medicare thru 3rd party outfits like Aon etc
I don't chase these either. Rarely a problem.
outfits like Chris whestphal used to have Telemarketers
Long before Westfall there was a guy on here. Frank Statsny. He was doing it before the internet. Also wrote a short book about it. It's all on here.
Do agents still make a living flipping med sup plans ?
Don't know about other agents but I still do. Not for $10 or $20 a month though. Put the people you don't sell into your CRM and circle back a few years later. They'll talk.

You crack me up.

$20 a month
$240 a year
$480 a couple

I don’t move people for $20 a year but you consistently show you are only interested in how to get people and make money. I realize we are running a business but I’m also in this for the long haul. At age 72, if they can get through UW, it’s time to move.

I do have clients that get my expertise on their VIA benefits, while I make $0. Usually because their financial planner sends me people all year long and keeping them happy is well worth my time.

And Westfall moves most people from F to N, it’s way more than $20/month.

You are transactional. Nothing wrong with that.

I have clients. There’s a difference.

You don’t call moving people for a lousy $20 a month transactional . Lmao . You say you have all these High income people . In my book of near 1 k I moved no more than 30 peoples plans . I don’t chase benefits to move people . If someone’s happy with United and xyz company is $20 less I’m sure as hell not moving them . Whestphal is simply whole sale moving his book to reset another 6 yrs of commission .

That's the biggest difference between you and me. I aim for the sweet spot. Middle income clients.

I don't chase these either. Rarely a problem.

Long before Westfall there was a guy on here. Frank Statsny. He was doing it before the internet. Also wrote a short book about it. It's all on here.

Don't know about other agents but I still do. Not for $10 or $20 a month though. Put the people you don't sell into your CRM and circle back a few years later. They'll talk.

Since you move med sup plans here’s a question for you . Have you ever had a med sup carrier rescind a policy ? Obviously since people forget or really don’t know they had a condition . Have you heard of one rescinded? That’s what would scare me about moving people . If you moved someone and it got rescinded . They’d have no coverage and probably couldn’t get another med sup

Have you ever had a med sup carrier rescind a policy ?
Never. And I'm going back 50 years. Both life and health. And I seriously doubt I ever will.

I'm not about to harm anyone just to make a sale.

Forget about how Westfall does it. He's an exception. Not the norm. If you do it the right way you won't have any problems. And the right was is always what's best for the client. It's never about the money.

The secret is in the underwriting. Hell, I usually dig deeper than the company does.

Never. And I'm going back 50 years. Both life and health. And I seriously doubt I ever will.

I'm not about to harm anyone just to make a sale.

Forget about how Westfall does it. He's an exception. Not the norm. If you do it the right way you won't have any problems. And the right was is always what's best for the client. It's never about the money.

The secret is in the underwriting. Hell, I usually dig deeper than the company does.

You’re telling me all the fe you sold in your life and probably a ton of contested claims you never had 1 life claim not paid? People lie or forget . If you ever did any type of decent vol that’s really hard to believe. It has nothing to do with you it’s just people lie or forget. I don’t count any money I make. I enjoy helping people. We’ve already established you make as much or more money selling med sups.

Here’s the other part.

If you are living on SS only, then by definition, saving money isn’t your thing.

So at $2500 a month, do you get N and D at $125 (TX) a month so you aren’t panicked at a $1500 hip replacement? Or an MAPD?

Plus, you can always switch back to MAPD and the reverse isn’t true outside of CT and NY.

And anyone who says hospital Indemnity, cancer, critical illness or whatever else can KMA. By the time you buy all that crap, just get Plan N.

Let me start by saying I'm not sticking up for DonP bc I don't want my name associated with him in any way.

Also, don't want to KYA but I just did an Aetna MAPD yesterday along with a $350/day GTL HI benefit that costs less then $30.00/month. She now has her hospital covered for the rest of her life and what she gets reimbursed, possibly $1750, goes towards her Max OOP of $3900.00. Now she has a really good drug plan, dental, vision, hearing, OTC and a gym membership. They are currently paying $1300.00/month for Obamacare with an $8700 max OOP. They will save $15,300.00/year on premiums. Do you think they care if they hit their MAX OOP of $3900.00? Also, many people have a nice chunk of change in their HSA account that can be used if they do incur copays. There is no doubt which way I will choose when I turn 65.

To be fair I presented all 3 options including Med Sup, Cost Plan and Aetna MAPD. 90% of them choose either an MAPD or a Cost Plan. I am fortunate to have so many options to present and let them choose. I don't try to steer them one way or the other. I realize other parts of the Country have crappy plans. Just my .02.

Back