Medicare Cards

windi

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've never seen any letters after the SS# other than A or B, until this last couple I wrote up a med supp for. Both of them have a letter T after their SS number.

This is what I've found out about it:

T Uninsured – Entitled to HIB (Part A) under deemed or renal provisions; or fully insured who have elected entitlement only to HIB

Now, the Medicare cards said that they had both A and B as of May 1st. Is this something I should have my clients check into? Or is it normal? :1err:

I've never seen any letters after the SS# other than A or B, until this last couple I wrote up a med supp for. Both of them have a letter T after their SS number.

This is what I've found out about it:

T Uninsured – Entitled to HIB (Part A) under deemed or renal provisions; or fully insured who have elected entitlement only to HIB

Now, the Medicare cards said that they had both A and B as of May 1st. Is this something I should have my clients check into? Or is it normal? :1err:

Don't worry about what letter. As long as they have A & B is all you care about.

Rick

I wrote a lady yesterday that had an M after her number on her Medicare card. and the number on it was her SS. Figure that one out. She didn't have RR Medicare, just reg Medicare.

There is a full page of letters that can be behiond or in front of the number.

I have the page with the meanings for all of the letters. I don't know how to put it on here.

I think Newby put it on here once. If someone knows how the list it here I will send it to you so you can do just that.

There is a full page of letters that can be behiond or in front of the number.

I have the page with the meanings for all of the letters. I don't know how to put it on here.

I think Newby put it on here once. If someone knows how the list it here I will send it to you so you can do just that.

If you send it to [email protected] I'll post it. I'm also curious to see it.

Back