Medicare Cards

No, it means they have A and not B.

Not always will they have both A & B, in cases of Renal failure A only. Below in bold is M'care's official description:

T Uninsured – Entitled to HIB (Part A) under deemed or renal provisions; or fully insured who have elected entitlement only to HIB

The uninsured refers to Social Security coverage and not enough quarters (40) to draw SS.
HIB = health ins benefits only

Not always will they have both A & B, in cases of Renal failure A only. Below in bold is M'care's official description:

T Uninsured – Entitled to HIB (Part A) under deemed or renal provisions; or fully insured who have elected entitlement only to HIB

The uninsured refers to Social Security coverage and not enough quarters (40) to draw SS.
HIB = health ins benefits only

Yes I know, my response was to jdeasy who was stating that my prior response of, "it normally means they aren't drawing social security", was incorrect.

Yes I know, my response was to jdeasy who was stating that my prior response of, "it normally means they aren't drawing social security", was incorrect.

That's because that's not what it means. it means what CMS says it means. You can be drawing SS and have the T designation.

That's because that's not what it means. it means what CMS says it means. You can be drawing SS and have the T designation.

Just because they get a green check doesn't mean they are drawing soc sec. If they worked for years for cash, or employer didn't pay into the system and they didn't know enough to challenge that, meaning they do not have 40 qtrs of service, they will not get soc sec. But, if they are then penniless otherwise they will likely qualify for SSI, (Supl Sec Inc), usually between 600 to 698 per mo. This is the category of people that I have seen with the letter T after their med #. Of course I recently learned in the last couple of days, on the forum, that there are others that qualify for the T too.

Just because they get a green check doesn't mean they are drawing soc sec. If they worked for years for cash, or employer didn't pay into the system and they didn't know enough to challenge that, meaning they do not have 40 qtrs of service, they will not get soc sec. But, if they are then penniless otherwise they will likely qualify for SSI, (Supl Sec Inc), usually between 600 to 698 per mo. This is the category of people that I have seen with the letter T after their med #. Of course I recently learned in the last couple of days, on the forum, that there are others that qualify for the T too.

Probably so, but I have had numverous clients that were drawing SS but had employer coverage and chose not to take B. They have the T at the end of their medicare number. Everyone of them got changed to an A once they got on B. They drew SS the whole time.

That's why I said it "generally" means they aren't drawing social security. You guys kill me with the d*ck measuring contests you constantly have.

That's why I said it "generally" means they aren't drawing social security. You guys kill me with the d*ck measuring contests you constantly have.

You kill me with think that's all it is. It is really just getting the correct info out there. The chart is listed right here in the thread.

Latest posts

Back