Medigap Policies Face New Federal Nondiscrimination Rule

I dare Trump to try to wean of 10 mil deadbeats with no jobs on Obamacare . The brother of my son’s girlfriend who has no job called me recently about Obamacare . Never connected with him . Yesterday his sister told me he’s in rebab facility for 30 days . The sucker jumped on Obama care and a week later hits them for $50k bill . It’s not sustainable but there will be riots if you pull them off
Another government program that is getting out of hand is disability benefits for veterans. Here in the FL panhandle a lot of vehicles have a DV tag and most of them are expensive. Anyone who has ever served is trying to get a check. I know people who work a full time job and receive a VA disabilty check. I know several people who get benefits even though they are fit enough to be a first responder. Just makes no sense to me. I thought disabled meant you were unable to work.

Another government program that is getting out of hand is disability benefits for veterans. Here in the FL panhandle a lot of vehicles have a DV tag and most of them are expensive. Anyone who has ever served is trying to get a check. I know people who work a full time job and receive a VA disabilty check. I know several people who get benefits even though they are fit enough to be a first responder. Just makes no sense to me. I thought disabled meant you were unable to work.
If you are a liberal, you may qualify under the mental disability definition

I know of an insurance agent who is a quasi-influencer and this person also gets $$$ for disability (VA) - probably makes over $1,000,000/year in overrides

I know of an insurance agent who is a quasi-influencer and this person also gets $$$ for disability (VA) - probably makes over $1,000,000/year in overrides
You’re speaking of Wycoff . I know a woman with A Va disabled son . She told me once you’ve been on va di for 10 yrs you can make as much as you want and your Va will never be taken away .

1. The original law had seniors paying 100% in the donut hole
2. The entire concept of deductible-inital-donut hole-catastrophic is ridiculous. Seriously. The average American can’t figure it out.

It’s a poorly written law, with good intentions.
The donut hole was necessary to pass the law. There wasn’t funding to add an RX benefit. There had to be a huge deductible. If they had put that huge deductible at the beginning of the coverage they couldn’t have got anyone to sign up gor it unless they took a lot of expensive meds. They needed all seniors to take part D. That’s why the big gaps were in the middle.

Part D was a watered down, expensive plan (for seniors) from the start. In 2010 the low premiums were high teens and generic copay's were higher than discount copays . . . . and they still are. I doubt I have anyone using their PDP for generics unless the copay is $0.

At least for 2024 they can get a drug plan for $0.50.

The only plans with value are those that cover tier 4+ at a reduced copay. Throw in the $2500 cap and it is a sweet deal for folks on high priced meds like Eliquis.

PBM's are scrambling to eliminate high cost drugs from formularies.

It's a mess.

Back