Meet with Prospect Again?

Do you think JD meets with prospects or attempts another try with those that didn't buy, unless they call first and convince him or send in another card? I think fexcontracting has a slogan for people doing callbacks, but I can't remember it so I won't post it.

Yeah, revenue over time rather than simply revenue over cost.

Don't like your post there. Daytimer did not ask for help. He cited his own experience in responding to op.

If you want to tell Daytimer his own personal experience is incorrect, cite your own personal experience to do so.

Don't like your post there. Daytimer did not ask for help. He cited his own experience in responding to op.

If you want to tell Daytimer his own personal experience is incorrect, cite your own personal experience to do so.

You didn't see any question marks in his post I quoted?
+ Did he not specifically say "show me an agent...."

You didn't see any question marks in his post I quoted?
+ Did he not specifically say "show me an agent...."

So we can agree that JD isn't making as much as he could be making - but something tells me JD doesn't give a rat's ass what you or I or anyone else think because JD is doing just about as fine as JD wants to do.

You and theinsuranceman ought to go back and read the OP's scenario again. It doesn't sound like he/she is chasing after every "I want to think it over" prospect - it sounds as though he/she has a bona fide buyer who was not ready to buy on that first meeting because the buyer's original expectations could not be met. Fairly common problem, imo, and therefore there are going to be cases where it is worth going back. Lik

In the car business we called them "be-backs," i.e. "Not today Mr. Salesman but we'll be back." The guys who hammered the phone to get those be backs back were the guys selling 20+ cars a month and making $150K/year. The guys who said screw it and didn't try to sell a cart to anyone unless the prospect walked himself onto the lot were the guys selling 8 cars a month and barely scratching out $40K.

Same length of time to drive to lead's/prospect's house, same length of time giving presentation, etc.. I'd rather have a 1 out 4 chance versus a 1 out of 15 chance. Do the math.

Again, you can work on your sales skills or not - no skin off my nose, bud.

So we can agree that JD isn't making as much as he could be making - but something tells me JD doesn't give a rat's ass what you or I or anyone else think because JD is doing just about as fine as JD wants to do.

You and theinsuranceman ought to go back and read the OP's scenario again. It doesn't sound like he/she is chasing after every "I want to think it over" prospect - it sounds as though he/she has a bona fide buyer who was not ready to buy on that first meeting because the buyer's original expectations could not be met. Fairly common problem, imo, and therefore there are going to be cases where it is worth going back. Lik

In the car business we called them "be-backs," i.e. "Not today Mr. Salesman but we'll be back." The guys who hammered the phone to get those be backs back were the guys selling 20+ cars a month and making $150K/year. The guys who said screw it and didn't try to sell a cart to anyone unless the prospect walked himself onto the lot were the guys selling 8 cars a month and barely scratching out $40K.

Again, you can work on your sales skills or not - no skin off my nose, bud.

You can't be serious. I'd agree 100% with JD and Greg on this one. They would not schedule another meeting, like the op did, unless the client called first and convinced them. I don't know why you're encouraging this. Where are the top producers that do this in fe? This isn't the car business.
Ask fexcontracting what they call "be-backs".

I'm talking about FE and my figures are real.

You edited this after I read your first attempt.

I have never sold an annuity. I have sold term, FUW whole life, and FE. Both of those were FE ... both cases they were paying very high monthly premiums for what turned out to be term policies that both thought were whole life. In both cases, they balked when they found out how much it would cost to replace the term with an amount of whole life they thought would be adequate. Both had health issues significant enough to take fully UW off the table. In both cases I ended up stacking several large FE Policies. They pay more now for less coverage but they are happy that the policies will be there when they need their families need them. One is now is now over 12 months old and still on the books, the other has just come into month 10.

I'm not saying to go back to every "I want to think about it" non-buyer. But if someone has identified a need and has some sort of budget in mind, I want that budget to paying for policies I sold, not the next agent who gets the mail card back.

I figured if I got him to discuss his need (he wanted to leave assets to his family) and agree the price was right (which he did) then he would go ahead and proceed.

He gave his retirement income which appeared he could afford it.

The problem came when he seemed shocked he could not get a 6 figure death benefit at the tender Age of 70 (for what he was trying to spend)

Discovered he didn’t want term so suggested a whole life.

Now, in subsequent posts the OP says that he thought the prospect was lonely and just wanted company. Maybe, but very few people are so lonely that they'd want to spend their free time talking to a life insurance agent about buying life insurance. A sales call for a product you do not want is just not a pleasant way to spend your time, no matter how much you crave the company.

Now, in subsequent posts the OP says that he thought the prospect was lonely and just wanted company. Maybe, but very few people are so lonely that they'd want to spend their free time talking to a life insurance agent about buying life insurance. A sales call for a product you do not want is just not a pleasant way to spend your time, no matter how much you crave the company.
They're out there Dave. Some of them are good about talking and never catching a breath to give you a chance to get onto the subject of insurance. I've actually tried to talk for 1/2 an hour before, and finally just packed up my briefcase and without saying a word got up and left. I could still hear her talking after I closed the door. :mad:

I won't sit there that long anymore. Like I mentioned, you get to where you can spot them. I try not to be rude, but the longer I sit there the more pissed off I get. :mad:

You and theinsuranceman ought to go back and read the OP's scenario again.

You can agree with whomever you want, and I wouldn't ever try to tell JD how to do his business.

Here's what op said, "Then when it’s decision time, he came up with lots of objections so I decided to just set another meeting in a week to give him time to think it over."

Do you think your upline Matt would encourage this?

Here's what op said, "Then when it’s decision time, he came up with lots of objections so I decided to just set another meeting in a week to give him time to think it over."

Do you think your upline Matt would encourage this?

I think he would question your intelligence because you clearly are not even trying to understand what I have been saying.

Good night

Latest posts

Back