• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Monday morning brain fart, help here out here

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Came across a lady T65 this month (September). She got suckered into a Bankers Life/Colonial Penn Medsupp, put on a Humana PDP, and pressured into a LTC policy.

Her only income is her SS check, and the total premium is taking up 25% of it.

I want to switch her to an MAPD.

Am I right in thinking that because the PDP has already started I have to wait until AEP and have a start date of January 1, 2021 to save this lady?
Or can I still use an IEP/ICEP and change her now to have a start date of October 1?

We have to work under the assumption that the IEP was used up for the PDP enrollment so unless she has a special election then you'll have to wait for AEP.
ok, thank you. That is what I was leaning towards.
Poor lady has keep the bankers insurance for a few more months

Came across a lady T65 this month (September). She got suckered into a Bankers Life/Colonial Penn Medsupp, put on a Humana PDP, and pressured into a LTC policy.

Her only income is her SS check, and the total premium is taking up 25% of it.

I want to switch her to an MAPD.

Am I right in thinking that because the PDP has already started I have to wait until AEP and have a start date of January 1, 2021 to save this lady?
Or can I still use an IEP/ICEP and change her now to have a start date of October 1?

Try the SEP FEMA Disaster if they are in Fl.Recently did one for a MA only for client who only had A&B

Try the SEP FEMA Disaster if they are in Fl.Recently did one for a MA only for client who only had A&B

And what was the other election that your client had to have missed using due to the disaster? You know you can't automatically use the election just b/c of a hurricane, right?

Obviously, OP's client had use of her elections so she's not going to qualify for the disaster SEP.

Back