• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Most interesting objection for the day...

gambrinus

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just had a lady inform me that she had just filled out paperwork to donate her body to science. Very pleasant woman who was very willing to chat about it. Seems this company will pay all expenses related to pick up from hospital, use your body for teaching, then cremate and return remains to your family. I have to admit, this is one that I've never heard before.

Do they also provide her family a lump sum of money? It's an emotionally distressing time, perhaps they would like the opportunity to perhaps take a bit of time off work to grieve where they wouldn't be able to otherwise. Perhaps a grandkid could have a fund for college

Do they also provide her family a lump sum of money? It's an emotionally distressing time, perhaps they would like the opportunity to perhaps take a bit of time off work to grieve where they wouldn't be able to otherwise. Perhaps a grandkid could have a fund for college
No cash payment to family, but all cremation paid. I asked her if she wanted to leave anything additional to the family and she said she had already taken care of that with some $ she had put away... Oddly enough she was the most cheery, upbeat person I've talked to in a long time..

Unless she dies from Covid 19. Just saw an news article, the kids were all upset that the company refused to do anything with the body due to death being Covid related.

Isn't any death today Covid related?
Hmm good to think about. What kinds of deaths would result in them not taking the body? Flattened by a truck? Covid like he said? Etc. Didnt think of that.

Just had a lady inform me that she had just filled out paperwork to donate her body to science. Very pleasant woman who was very willing to chat about it. Seems this company will pay all expenses related to pick up from hospital, use your body for teaching, then cremate and return remains to your family. I have to admit, this is one that I've never heard before.
I would not be surprised if that is the same lady I spoke with 2-3 years ago. It sounds just like her! That was the first and only time I had ever heard of such a thing. I do not recall what I said to her to overcome the objection at the time, but I clearly recall.....it not working.

Here's what I'd say: "Ms. Betty, that's a very good idea. A lot of people have thought the same thing. And what a lot of people are finding out is they won't accept all dead bodies. Sometimes they have plenty of bodies on ice for the pre-med students to use for the next year and they won't take any additional bodies at that time....you know it's expensive to keep bodies stored on ice that won't be used until a year later.

You also have to be pretty healthy too. They decline a lot of bodies due to certain health problems....and that includes death due to Covid.

Plus, if you're buying this house rather than renting, your family will need a good chunk of money to pay the property taxes so they can either keep the house or sell it. And someone will be stuck with your final phone bill, final utility bill, and other expenses too. People always forget about those expenses and the family gets stuck with it.

Anyway, were you planning on being buried or burnt up?

If this fails to spark an interest....well we can't help everyone.....we only help about 20% - 35% of the leads we invest in.

Have heard that a few times...question is - why were you even talking to her? Outbound? Was she buying or were you looking to sell?

Here's what I'd say: "Ms. Betty, that's a very good idea. A lot of people have thought the same thing. And what a lot of people are finding out is they won't accept all dead bodies. Sometimes they have plenty of bodies on ice for the pre-med students to use for the next year and they won't take any additional bodies at that time....you know it's expensive to keep bodies stored on ice that won't be used until a year later.

You also have to be pretty healthy too. They decline a lot of bodies due to certain health problems....and that includes death due to Covid.

Plus, if you're buying this house rather than renting, your family will need a good chunk of money to pay the property taxes so they can either keep the house or sell it. And someone will be stuck with your final phone bill, final utility bill, and other expenses too. People always forget about those expenses and the family gets stuck with it.

Anyway, were you planning on being buried or burnt up?

If this fails to spark an interest....well we can't help everyone.....we only help about 20% - 35% of the leads we invest in.
That is very good advice for anyone reading. I have always used a version of this and just inform them that it is highly likely that they WON’T be able to be donated. “So, would you rather not prepare because you are going to be donated and then your family is hurting financially if you can’t be donated, or would you rather prepare for the worst case scenario and if you can be donated, the extra money is just an extra blessing to your family?” Then I explain to them that they can just get a smaller policy to ensure there is SOMETHING in place no matter what happens when they pass. After all Mary, I have yet to see a beneficiary mail a check BACK to the insurance company. They will be happy with whatever they get.

Have heard that a few times...question is - why were you even talking to her? Outbound? Was she buying or were you looking to sell?
Because agents only close 20-30% of their leads (no matter the source), so you run into people that just send cards in, respond to ads, etc. that just do it to be doing it or they just do it to talk to someone.

Back