• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Most interesting objection for the day...

No cash payment to family, but all cremation paid. I asked her if she wanted to leave anything additional to the family and she said she had already taken care of that with some $ she had put away... Oddly enough she was the most cheery, upbeat person I've talked to in a long time..
No matter which way you go, it is best to NOT give them a YES/NO if at all possible. Don’t ask her if she wants to leave something additional. That isn’t overcoming the objection. “Mary, most people that I sit with that are deciding to be donated to science still get a policy in place in case they can’t have their body donated. The good news is, you don’t have to get a large policy in place since you are hopefully going to be donated (health permitting). I am going to ask a few basic health questions and then get you 3 different prices for you to review. You will be able to determine which one fits the most comfortably into your budget. So, you said you had HBP, what other conditions do you take medication for?”

You are assuming she is going to move forward, not asking to move forward. Doing it this way makes it harder for them to tell you NO or to stop you.

I'm not an FE guy, but after you get done selling her a policy the way Ben described, circle back on this...it's an annuity sale.
If that isn’t a smoke screen, it could be an annuity sale or a SPWL sale. But you have to overcome the objection that is right in front of you in a SMOOTH way and then assume the close. Don’t ask for permission, continue on and let them stop you.

Then after you make the sale and you put your stuff away then you can ask about other products if you are versed at them. If not, keep a CRM with GOOD notes. After you master FE, you can start working the notes in your CRM to look for places you missed extra money.

Hmm good to think about. What kinds of deaths would result in them not taking the body? Flattened by a truck? Covid like he said? Etc. Didnt think of that.

I'm reminded of the movie Naked Gun...the scene at Nordberg's hospital bed, while his wife Wilma grieves.

Frank Drubin: "A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums."

Ed: "No way for a man to die."

Frank: "You're right, Ed. A parachute not opening - that's the way to die. Getting caught in a combine. Having your nuts bit off by a Laplander. That's the way l want to go."

Wilma: "Frank! This is terrible!

Ed: "Don't worry, Wilma. Your husband is gonna be all right. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind."

Frank: "He's right, Wilma, but don't wait till the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards."

I have, at times, been able to overcome the donate body scenario... The one I have never been able to overcome is, "I am going to be raptured"..
That one hasn’t come up for me in a long time! LOL! If someone uses that one, they’re usually just being stupid. But, since I grew up being taught to expect the “imminent return of Christ” at any moment, I might get into that with them.

I’ll tell them about my Grandpa, who was a pastor all my life. Many considered him an expert on biblical prophecy and the End Times. He even had one of those “In Case of Rapture” stickers on his dashboard in front of the passenger seat.

I believe Grandpa fully expected to be raptured, but he died from lung cancer at age 72 (never smoked, but grew up in a coal town, and worked the mines in his youth). I was in my early 20’s when he passed away. I wasn’t aware of whether he had life insurance, but I remember his funeral very well. Somebody paid for it, somehow!

“So, Mr. Jones. If the Lord decides to call you home some other way, like He did with my Grandpa, who’s gonna get stuck with that bill?”

Last edited:
Because agents only close 20-30% of their leads (no matter the source), so you run into people that just send cards in, respond to ads, etc. that just do it to be doing it or they just do it to talk to someone.

I hear ya...It's like clicking on a google paid ad...just to click something...:)

That one hasn’t come up for me in a long time! LOL! If someone uses that one, they’re usually just being stupid. But, since I grew up being taught to expect the “imminent return of Christ” at any moment, I might get into that with them.

I’ll tell them about my Grandpa, who was a pastor all my life. Many considered him an expert on biblical prophecy and the End Times. He even had one of those “In Case of Rapture” stickers on his dashboard in front of the passenger seat.

I believe Grandpa fully expected to be raptured, but he died from lung cancer at age 72 (never smoked, but grew up in a coal town, and worked the mines in his youth). I was in my early 20’s when he passed away. I wasn’t aware of whether he had life insurance, but I remember his funeral very well. Somebody paid for it, somehow!

“So, Mr. Jones. If the Lord decides to call you home some other way, like He did with my Grandpa, who’s gonna get stuck with that bill?”
I have told them that if they read their Bibles, they will find that Paul and the other Apostles expected to "raptured" but they and a lot of other good Christians have died in the last 2000 years..

Back