Multi Policy Discounts ???

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey buds,

I'm getting this pitch from my Auto Insurer 'Progressive' that they also do Home-owners.

When i tried to get an online quote message was 'they don't write in my area'
???
  • Anyone hear of this....why are they marketing to me (i live in a metropolis in Fla.) ???
  • ARE THEY really writing PC homeowners,...or just partnering with local co's?

Thanks for your input...

Happens all the time. The marketing department often does not coordinate with underwriting. It should not be the case at a state level though.

It could be that the home is located too close to the coast or a in a particular zip code that they do not like.

I always felt like Progressive is false advertising as Progressive themselves doesnt/didnt issue Home insurance as a carrier. They operate as the agency & issue the policies through other carriers. At one time is was some carrier like Homesite or something that is a subsidiary of American Family. Had friends & co-workers say it was very bad customer service

I think they might now offer about 5-10 home insurance carriers, but none are names you would see as the standard home insurance carriers nationally. Most, if not all, would be the 2nd or 3rd tier choices agents would place business with

Small print on the TV ads mentions this fact that Progressive itself doesnt issue policies.

I always felt like Progressive is false advertising as Progressive themselves doesnt/didnt issue Home insurance as a carrier. They operate as the agency & issue the policies through other carriers. At one time is was some carrier like Homesite or something that is a subsidiary of American Family. Had friends & co-workers say it was very bad customer service

I think they might now offer about 5-10 home insurance carriers, but none are names you would see as the standard home insurance carriers nationally. Most, if not all, would be the 2nd or 3rd tier choices agents would place business with

Small print on the TV ads mentions this fact that Progressive itself doesnt issue policies.

Looks like they are co-brokering with local co's. ---- not much of a discount expected ~!

Looks like they are co-brokering with local co's. ---- not much of a discount expected ~!

No, they are national carriers not local agencies or companies. Progressive acts as the agent in the relationship to write it with the carriers. Most all agents have access to these national or worldwide carriers as their 2nd or 3rd tier carriers or surplus lines/ substandard last resort options

Progressive Home Advantage Companies

Back