My Toughest Battle to Overcome in Fe is Smelling Like an Ashtray

peteybear

Guru
100+ Post Club
Every night I come home I have to take a shower as I smell like an ashtray. I think I might start wearing and oxygen mask to appts.

Every night I come home I have to take a shower as I smell like an ashtray. I think I might start wearing and oxygen mask to appts.

I talked to my primary physician about the risks of second-hand smoke exposure due to the realities of selling FE to "our people."

The good news is that our risk of developing lung issues is minimal, as those who experience constant second-hand exposure, like children of smokers, have higher chances of developing lung problems.

In fact, I can remember meeting several non-smokers who claim to have developed COPD through second-hand smoking exposure due to their spouse.

I talked to my primary physician about the risks of second-hand smoke exposure due to the realities of selling FE to "our people."

The good news is that our risk of developing lung issues is minimal, as those who experience constant second-hand exposure, like children of smokers, have higher chances of developing lung problems.

In fact, I can remember meeting several non-smokers who claim to have developed COPD through second-hand smoking exposure due to their spouse.

The sidestream smoke is particularly dangerous since it's completely unfiltered. Any smoker who lives with a nonsmoker and doesn't buy one of those smokeless ashtrays is a real jerk.

The sidestream smoke is particularly dangerous since it's completely unfiltered. Any smoker who lives with a nonsmoker and doesn't buy one of those smokeless ashtrays is a real jerk.

Right; better yet, step outside to smoke.

My mother is a pack-a-day smoker, and smokes inside the house.

She gave us her piano, and it has taken 3+ months for the smoke smell to work its way out of the wood.

Occasionally you can walk past it and catch a whiff.

This has always been my number 1 complaint about my job. It has even caused me to break up a relationship. So gross! i just cant kiss an ashtray. just thinking about it right now makes me sick to my stomach. My solution-I tell them I have asthma and am allergic to smoke. Most will either wait to smoke or take a quick smoke break outside. Usually in between the written app and the pos int. Then sometimes the smoke is in the air and I still end up smelling like smoke. I carry perfume and deodorizer in my car and slash it on until I get home and wash my hair. I wish I didn't have too because sometimes my perfume is very strong and if its a male client I get a lot of you smell good.

Yeah I hate it too. I bought this stuff called Banish. Doesn't smell like anything, but you spray it on your clothes/hair and it neutralizes the smell...somewhat. I can still smell it, but I used to be a smoker. I have asked my wife and she can't smell it after I've used the Banish.

This has always been my number 1 complaint about my job. It has even caused me to break up a relationship. So gross! i just cant kiss an ashtray. just thinking about it right now makes me sick to my stomach. My solution-I tell them I have asthma and am allergic to smoke. Most will either wait to smoke or take a quick smoke break outside. Usually in between the written app and the pos int. Then sometimes the smoke is in the air and I still end up smelling like smoke. I carry perfume and deodorizer in my car and slash it on until I get home and wash my hair. I wish I didn't have too because sometimes my perfume is very strong and if its a male client I get a lot of you smell good.

If there is anything that makes a smoker smoke harder...it's talking about their own death.

You gotta let them smoke. Or you may as well only sell to non-smokers.

I have certain clothes and jackets that I wear on FE appts. More often than not, I'm leaving my clothes hanging on the porch when I get home.

I also use Ozium spray in my car.

Back