need insurance help in florida

scptt

My parents want help on lowering their insurance but I am not an expect on this so please help with some advice. Two adults both at the age of 76. They have one car and have cut down drastically on the amount of miles they drive to around 2k a year tops. They use progressive. Can someone tell me what is not needed? State is Florida. Thanks

Bodily injury liability - $250,000 each person, $500,000 each accident
Property Damage Liability - $100,000 each accident
Collision - Actual cash value w/ $100 deductible y
Comprehensive - Actual cash value w/ $100 deductible
Personal Injury Protection - Basic/$10,000/named Insured & Spouse
Uninsured motorist -nonstacked - $250,000 each person/ $500,000 each accident
Rental reimbursement - Up to $40 each day / maximum 30days
roadside assistance

They also have a 1 million dollar liability policy with another company although I am not sure about the details on that.

They pay $1300 every 6 months. I know geico you can lower the amount of miles you drive and save money but I am not sure about progressive. What would you change so they are not doubled up on extra stuff they do not need or what would you cut or change? Thank you so much.

Progressive does have a device which plugs into the vehicle and charges by use. Also raise the deductible and shop other carriers. Nationwide and Allstate have limited mileage products also

What would you change so they are not doubled up on extra stuff they do not need or what would you cut or change?

There's a few more variables, not the least of which is how much can the lose if they cause an accident and kill or maim somebody.

Do they have an expensive house, a lot of money in savings and investments?

What kind of car. How old? How many miles on it?

As for how much they drive, the estimated mileage should be relayed to the company to get the rates adjusted. It's easy to overlook.

Back