Need level for Cerebral Paulsy or no deal

Turbo3.8

Expert
I have a customer, good health other than cerebral paulsy. Customer adamant on level coverage, no wait.
I do not think it is available but thought I would throw it out there. Anyone?

Cerebral palsy has 1 million levels of involvement. Unless they are in a wheelchair - most likely they are not being treated for it...no meds for cerebral palsy.

Prosperity and Liberty Bankers don't ask...

How is it even up for negotiation?

“Ms client I’m going to look around and find the very best option for you and present it to you”

I would never promise someone level benefit until the deal is done. I would advise you to sell from their side of the table. Under promise and over deliver. I like to say something like this...

"Miss Mary, being that I'm a broker I'm going to look at several of the top companies here in Ohio and I'm going to FIGHT FOR YOU to make sure we are getting you the most effective benefit possible. There are no guarantees with your cerebral paulsy, but I promise to do my best to get you covered. Does that sound fair?"

The only reason they are hung up on a level benefit is because you more than likely sold that to them before you knew if they could get qualified or not. Selling a graded benefit is much easier with these tougher conditions when you come to them they got approved. You need to tie them down by bringing up their health and telling them they aren't guaranteed to qualify.

If you get them level, GREAT. The reality is that even if its a graded benefit, they will be grateful to you if you sell it the right way.

"Mary, Congratulations! Most companies would never have considered you for coverage, but xyz company is going to approve you!"

Proceed with the dollar commitment from there.

I have a customer, good health other than cerebral paulsy. Customer adamant on level coverage, no wait.
I do not think it is available but thought I would throw it out there. Anyone?
Aetna takes it graded.. not immediate full benefit but is a true graded... 40% 1st 12 months, 75% months 13-24, 100% 24+... Much better than 2 yr. ROP and pays full commission if 60+. If age is under 60,no commission. In that case, I think SNL will take it on their Security Care Limited(true graded) plan. 25%/50%/75%/100%.

How does a client even know what "level" is??
They'd need one of these. :yes:

1705-2400.png

Latest posts

Back