New Americo Eagle smokers as non smokers a waste of time!!

Another interesting observation had a Transamerica client call in today needing to change their bank account. Was able to three-way the company and service the policy without any objection from the company. Try to do the same on in Americo case two weeks ago and was treated like an illegal alien when I called to service my client. For the record Foresters treated me the same way because I was in active. It speaks volumes about a company when an agent is in active if there still treated with respect as the servicing agent/selling agent they deserve.

I think many of these companies forget this is a three leg stool and if we don’t sell their product they don’t have anything to sit in an office and do.

Hop down off your high horse. Its clear that is what they want to say. The reality is, a product like this is just begging for unethical and inappropriate replacements.

If someone can't anticipate that happening, they have no business in designing new insurance products.
And isn't this the company that's fond of rescinding policies in the 23rd month. Yeah, I can put my trust in their "good intentions". :skeptical:

Until the ptremium goes up. :twitchy:

OK, the premium does not go up on the original face amount. However, doesn't the cost per thousand (premium) go up if/most likely they do not stop smoking a year earlier?

I have been told here many times that I have no understanding of the "FE Market". That is probably true. However, from my reading here the experts here, It just does not sound like most are going to make a sudden sea change in their lives. But here's my sign *

I see that Americo Eagle's true smoker rates are no longer available on FEX Quotes. So how does an agent selling a smoker a non-smoking policy today determine how much the death benefit WILL be reduced in three years time? When I ran a few examples before the change took effect I seem to remember there would generally be about 40 to 45% cut in the death benefit, but I may be undermisremembering that or overmisrememberin that figure.

This really does smell like an attempt to take an noncompetitive product and grab some premium off a gimmick while the grabbing is good.

If they really wanted to do something good, they would look at current mortality tables that show that hyperinsulinaemia/diabetes is the real driver of all-cause mortality (including heart disease and most cancers), and they would scrap the smoker/non-smoker dichotomy, replace it with diabetic/non-diabetic rates, and give the non-diabetic rate to any T2 diabetic who promises to go on the bacon diet for three years and control their blood sugars without meds.

Last edited:
OK, the premium does not go up on the original face amount. However, doesn't the cost per thousand (premium) go up if/most likely they do not stop smoking a year earlier?

I have been told here many times that I have no understanding of the "FE Market". That is probably true. However, from my reading here the experts here, It just does not sound like most are going to make a sudden sea change in their lives. But here's my sign *
I guess that they'll have to plan for a cheaper funeral, or be cremated because they no longer have enough life insurance to be buried. :confused::realmad:

Can some one help out with this please. Not sure if this is in CA or not.

Male age 65, smoker, qualifies for Americo, $15,000. What is his premium?

at age 68 he has not been smoke free for the last 12 months. What is his face amount and premium? Is this guaranteed?

If not in CA please give me the state so I can work it.

GrassyAss

Can some one help out with this please. Not sure if this is in CA or not.

Male age 65, smoker, qualifies for Americo, $15,000. What is his premium?

at age 68 he has not been smoke free for the last 12 months. What is his face amount and premium? Is this guaranteed?

If not in CA please give me the state so I can work it.

GrassyAss

Looks like we/I am piling on this product. I really want to understand if there is a place. There are fewer (cigarette) smokers in my state than in some others. And some do stop. Many start up again which could be a whole other issue at claims time

I guess folks who haven't smoked in a few months to 11 months would be good for this product.
BTW this isn't a new idea. Lincoln Financial has a UL that is similiar

Latest posts

Back