New CMS Guidance on Initial Commissions on Medicare Advantage

I'm not surprised. I went to the DOI when I found out UGA had lied to me and I was the only agent since Mega came to MD in 1983 to file a formal complaint.

After my meeting I found out why. It was six hours with 5 department heads over how I was trained, etc...I even had their training manual packed full of lies.

The result? Nothing...nodda, zilch. Not a single thing happened.

Oh...WAIT, not true. The DOI did make them redesign their business cards since they all said NASE rep and had them changed to reflect they were Mega agents.

Here's another one of them alerts from a company.

Commissions Paid From November 15, 2008 - January 25, 2009 Have Been Rate-Corrected and Will Be Reprocessed This Week

Commissions paid between November 15, 2008 and January 25, 2009, have been rate-corrected and reprocessing is taking place this week.
The following is a timeline and update of commission payments for this period:
  • <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal">November 17, 2008 - UnitedHealthcare began paying commissions for 2009 effective applications for SecureHorizons®, Evercare® and Stand-Alone Part D
    <LI style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal">December 24, 2008 - UnitedHealthcare received guidance from CMS that established maximums on some commission rates as well as rate variances among states. This guidance was retroactive to applications submitted on or after November 15, 2008.
  • January 29, 2009 - Commission systems were updated and UnitedHealthcare began paying commissions at revised rates. Note: These commissions applied to all UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions products except Stand-Alone Part D.
The reprocessing of commissions this week will ensure that commissions are paid at the revised rates provided on December 24, 2008, and will correct commissions paid under an incorrect rate group.
Thank you for your patience and for all you do to deliver value, suitability and personal service to our consumers.

But what does it mean? It kind of sounds like chargebacks or more $ on Drug Plans?

I just want to get everything settled and my commission in my pocket. I have been waiting a very long time.

Something is happening....just checked my UHC online statement and their balancing out Jan 1 and Feb 1st older clients I think....a little confusing...200 new commission ...200 chargeback for a zero balance.....is this a pre accounting for possible added initial enrollments... any idea what might be happening?...thanks Joe

Humana wants its money back! You insurance agents have too much money.

email_masthead.gif
Initial Sales Commission Rate Clarification

We truly appreciate your patience as we work with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in calculating commissions for initial enrollments. Initial enrollments are defined as:
  • New to Medicare (e.g. aging in – ICEP and IEP)
  • A new enrollment into a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan from Original Medicare <
Enrollments not in these categories are paid at the replacement/renewal commission rate.

Humana has the ability to identify ICEP and IEP enrollments and is paying the initial rate on these enrollments. In order to pay the initial commission rate on enrollments moving from Original Medicare, we must utilize the validation data provided from CMS.

Unfortunately, CMS recently discovered that the data they provided for January, February and March enrollments had some inaccuracies resulting in the overpayment of commissions. CMS has provided new data that we are required to use which may result in charge backs of commissions due to overpayment.

We recognize that this may be both frustrating and inconvenient and we are doing our best to mitigate the situation. If the new CMS data results in a charge back less than $500, it will be processed over two (2) pay cycles beginning July 10th. If the charge back is more than $500, it will be processed over the next four (4) pay cycles. Please continue to use the pay audit process and procedure if you feel there are pay discrepancies.
CMS is in the process of reconsidering its guidance on 2009 compensation and expects to release additional information shortly, which we will share.

Again, thank you for your continued patience and support.

To view this message on-line you must log on the agent portal, click here to Sign On Agent Portal , then come back to this e-mail and click on the words: Initial Sales Commission Rate Clarification . Once you are in the MarketPOINT Library, you can save documents to your personal computer or access them on-line 24-hours a day.

Thank you for your continued support and participation in Humana MarketPOINT’s Delegated Agent Program. If you have questions, please contact your dedicated Agent Support Team.

AGENT SUPPORT
(800) 309-3163
[email protected]
Monday – Friday 8:00 - 9:00 EST

We have been screwed, we all know that, but, anyone who continues to sell this Government regulated crap deserves what they get.

We have been screwed, we all know that, but, anyone who continues to sell this Government regulated crap deserves what they get.

Unfornately, everything insurance, auto, finance is becoming Government regulated. The only thing not regulated is Government.:mad:

Here in Georgia our insurance commissioner is running for Governor and of course, looking for support.,

I fired off a letter to him complaining about CMS and UHC and this big mess of agents not being paid. In other words, we have been LIED to by our Government agency, BAD FAITH on the part of our insurance co's, and CMS, and BREACH of CONTRACT....all items which if YOU committed as an agent....you would be pilloried, fined excessively, probably jailed, and definitely lose your license so you can't make a living.

I got a response from his team. Guess what? I'm the only agent in Georgia who has alerted them that commissions are withheld by these Med Advantage co's. The only one to complain!! Can that be true?

Sure...she acknowledged they have no control over Federal agencies...but they do regulate the licensed ins co's, who are not paying us.

The point is...where are you all hiding! Oh sure, there are a few who have made waves.and complained to our commissioners and politicians....but the rest of you posters are truly "all hat and no cowboy". Even you lurkers should get involved.

(I'm holding back too)

I'm in GA also.. contacted all of my Congressional Reps.... I didnt think it would help to contact IC.

I am new to this forum but I just wanted to let everyone know that I did get paid on my second half commissions from coventry today. Not all of them but some. I do expect the rest will come in my next cycle No chargebacks but at least the money is coming. ;)

Back