Obama CMS Chief: Medicare Advantage Plans Game the System

Yes.. it is comparing apples to oranges though. Try adding all the benefits in a MAPD plan to OM. Let’s now compare costs. Who’s making all the rules anyway. Is it really the fault of private carriers? Seems like private insurance companies are always to be blamed. Part B would double if it included all the things MAPD plans include. We should all be blessed to have this alternative and quit placing blame.

The articles only claim that MAPD plans cost the tax payers more than original Medicare.

Implying that MAPD costs may not be higher than OM. I merely asked if there are studies disproving the idea that OM costs the taxpayers less.

I haven't seen any. Perhaps you have.

Try adding all the benefits in a MAPD plan to OM. Let’s now compare costs. Who’s making all the rules anyway. Is it really the fault of private carriers? Seems like private insurance companies are always to be blamed. Part B would double if it included all the things MAPD plans include. We should all be blessed to have this alternative and quit placing blame.

By "benefits" I presume you are referring to dental, vision, hearing aid, OTC cards, food cards . . . etc.

Those are addon features to pad their "loss ratios" and make the plans seem more attractive to the masses.

Actually it is the "fault" of the carriers.

EGH does not cover vision, dental, disability etc. but rather these are ADDON coverages that may or may not be partially funded by the employer. Many times vision, etc. offered by carriers other than the one that provides major med coverage.

And Part B is outpatient medical care which is differentiated from routine vision, dental, etc.

FWIW, B does cover disease or injury to the eye. It also covers treatment for medical issues that impact hearing loss, including cochlear implants.

It would be nice if agents understood how treatment of medical conditions are actually covered.

Where did I say that dental vision and other add on’s are included in part B. How much would part B cost if their was a copay at the hospital of 150.00 per stay and a stop loss of 3k Medicare would also have to charge for part E if they included the dental vision and hearing. My state is offering dental at 100% up to 2500.00 plus hearing aids and a nice pair of glasses. All of that factors into the expense of insuring a beneficiary. As far as rules, if your mom told you it’s ok to take the candy car at the store, would you?

I see you are a GA. Are you getting overrides and also recommending companies that are offering you overrides? We need to be real here and admit that if it’s there for the taking, most of us are going to jump on the weagon. That’s just human nature. Especially when it’s legit and being offered.

I see you are a GA. Are you getting overrides and also recommending companies that are offering you overrides? We need to be real here and admit that if it’s there for the taking, most of us are going to jump on the weagon. That’s just human nature. Especially when it’s legit and being offered.
He's not just a GA. He's a bonafide GA-PPGA. I am too.

We both get 100% overrides on everything that goes through our respective agencies.

Hey, who wants to listen to this communist? Giveaways of taxpayer money to Fortune 50 countries is the American way!!!

Features are what the product or service does, describing which attributes set it apart from the competition. Benefits describe why those features matter and how they help the target audience

Back