NEW CMS REGS COMING.....

I read them . 1 new reg the Joe Namath commercials won’t be able to sell their leads to another party . They want CO’s to increase secret shopping and listen in to a lot more calls . Cms uses the CO’s as their henchman .

Over 900 pages of proposed regulations for 2024. Starting on page 217, there are some proposed changes that will affect how MA and Part D plans will market and sell.

https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2022-26956.pdf
Anything in that proposal to stop making retired agents continue AHIP just to get their renewals? If not you watch lawsuits from spouses w health issues unable to test will b the first litigators since hubby cant read the 30 hrs of red tape

Gotta love going back to needing a SOA 48 hours before the appointment. That ought to solve all the complaints of the call centers. At this point they are just making crap up to make it look like they are trying to do something. I do like some of the new regs on BRC because those are just as misleading as the TV ads. I guess one good thing about all this regulation is it will be virtually impossible for a new agent to get started selling Medicare even if they do agree to take on a profession that is this regulated, they won't be able to get started with all the marketing guidelines. Those of us that have been in business for 20+ years can get by on only referrals.

Gotta love going back to needing a SOA 48 hours before the appointment. That ought to solve all the complaints of the call centers. At this point they are just making crap up to make it look like they are trying to do something. I do like some of the new regs on BRC because those are just as misleading as the TV ads. I guess one good thing about all this regulation is it will be virtually impossible for a new agent to get started selling Medicare even if they do agree to take on a profession that is this regulated, they won't be able to get started with all the marketing guidelines. Those of us that have been in business for 20+ years can get by on only referrals.

My books now big enough to generate enough referrals. I’ll move to seminars if need be . I’ll never believe they shut down all this . Calls originating outside us and recording doesn’t start until after the transfer . There going to lean on CO’s to enforce this . Basically you want to continue making billions crack down . In the end CO’s could care less . All this does is hurt the independent agent . It has nothing to do with the overall growth of mapd . The lost agent business will just go direct to company .

One good thing page 253 is only enrollments and presentations have to be recorded-not setting up appointments and customer service discussions bit then again they are going require that carriers give opt out of contact every year and the no contact restriction is for as long as they remain on plan page 234

it will interesting to see how this going to effect tv ads - I expect Joe Namath will be able to do a quarterback sneak around this rule though.page 228

"As mentioned above, when a plan advertises benefits which are not available to beneficiaries in the service area where the advertisement airs, that type of marketing is misleading. We believe that beneficiaries should only receive marketing that advertises benefits actually available to the beneficiary where the beneficiary resides (that is, in a service area that covers where the advertisements air). Therefore, we are proposing a new (8) at §§ 422.2263(b) and 423.2263(b) that provides that MA organizations and Part D sponsors may not engage in marketing that advertises benefits that are not available to beneficiaries in the service area where the marketing appears unless unavoidable in a local market"

looks like the death nill for brc especially when used for initial contact via door knocking

"clarifying that the prohibition on door-todoor contact without a prior appointment still applies after collection of a BRC or SOA;"

What we need is THE CUSTOMER TO BE RESPONSIBLE IF THEY MAKE A CRAPPY CHOICE. Can we please stop trying to make it all about rules and regs?

"You've lived on earth for 68 years. You chose to click on a facebook ad, talk to no-last-name Jerry from Miami - who tried to make you feel like your neighbor in your little midwest town -- and you gave him your Medicare number over the phone and you signed the application so that you can get $75 for an OTC benefit you won't use. I'm sorry - but you enrolled, you didn't ask more questions, and you decided that your health insurance was something to be as flippant about as your Amazon order of staples."

Something like that, perhaps? :D

The death knell for telephonic agents is the 48 hr soa rule . Your soliciting leads and you say “ Mrs Jones I’m going to send you this text to sign . I’ll call you back in 48 hrs to discuss the plan “ lol . That ain’t happening . That sales gone . Not only is door knocking done . What about appts over the phone . ? Mrs Jones is is wed at 2 or 4 better ( your calling on a Monday ) . Ok mrs Jones see you wed at 4 . By the way just got to text you this little form to sign . All you’ll here is click . This is broad and effects everyone big . The 48 hr soa is a big problem for all .Also supposedly you can collect no soa’s at educational events .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back