• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

New CMS Survey Trying to Catch Rouge Agents

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I just had a call from a client. She told me she received a survey from CMS asking her to fill it out. Some of the questions were definitly trying to find the agents that are not following the rules. One of the questions is "Did the agent stop by without an appointment to discuss prescription drug coverage" another was Did the agent call you to discuss prescription drug coverage without you're requesting them to" I told my client that the government has a lot of rules and tried to explain the scope of appointment form to her.

Another question was something like, did you take out the prescription drug plan and discover it was inaccurate from the information you were originally told.

Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up. It would be nice if Medicare sent out surveys to help fight medicare fraud rather than trying to find an agent that didn't get a scope of appointment form or made a phone call to talk about prescripiton coverage.

Some of the questions were definitly trying to find the agents that are not following the rules. One of the questions is "Did the agent stop by without an appointment to discuss prescription drug coverage" another was Did the agent call you to discuss prescription drug coverage without you're requesting them to" I told my client that the government has a lot of rules and tried to explain the scope of appointment form to her.

Another question was something like, did you take out the prescription drug plan and discover it was inaccurate from the information you were originally told.

Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up. It would be nice if Medicare sent out surveys to help fight medicare fraud rather than trying to find an agent that didn't get a scope of appointment form or made a phone call to talk about prescripiton coverage.

man....thats one dangerous questionnaire..... half of them prob. can't remember what they had for dinner the night before.....

too true! I've helped this lady each year that she calls me. Last year Medicare's website showed First Health as the plan that saved her the most money, this year when I ran her meds it was Wellcare. I make no money on either company, i did not call her to make the changes, I did not come to her home, I think I mailed out the printouts from Medicare's website. Crazy though, the survey

In all fairness to us agents one of the questions should be,
Do you have or ever had Dementia, Alzheimer's or any other mental impairment?

I bowed out of that as a full-time option about two years ago and I don't have any regrets about that.

Back