New Fe Agent Help Please

Do African Americans do better working the inner city African American communities? I am Indian and about to place an order for a 1000 mail drop. I would prefer inner city because it is closer to my home and that I am familiar with the area and feel more comfortable there than in rural. Please will you be so kind to share with me your experiences. I know members do well in all areas but I would prefer to do well working inner city.

Thank you for your time.

Initially pick the area you are comfortable working, as that will give you an edge versus those areas which you don't feel right working.

Luckily, regardless of skin color, many people need life insurance, and ultimately it will take a commitment and trial-and-error on your behalf to figure out which areas work best for you.

I know a FE agent in Pennsylvania that is Middle eastern. He gets the cold shoulder from whites and has learned to ONLY work the inner city neighborhoods.

Common sense dictates that we work with people that aren't prejudice against us for the color of our skin and avoid people that are potentially racist!With that being said, working the inner city is probably a great place to start.

Well, that takes the entire southeast out of play.

Do African Americans do better working the inner city African American communities? I am Indian and about to place an order for a 1000 mail drop. I would prefer inner city because it is closer to my home and that I am familiar with the area and feel more comfortable there than in rural. Please will you be so kind to share with me your experiences. I know members do well in all areas but I would prefer to do well working inner city.

Thank you for your time.

I was/am a dark "mexican" that came from a construction back ground. Someone had to tie both my new polyester ties for me. I started in a White upper middle class area selling Life Insurance. The only time they saw anyone like me it was cutting their lawn or picking up their dishes. I was a fish out of water. I was able to fake it till I made it. Convention first year. Thinking back on it, it was more my own insecurity than anything else as I still do business in the area. In the last week I have done business in a very low income apartment and yesterday a $400,000+ condo. So I am comfortable anywhere, now. However, I would suggest starting in the area you feel the most comfortable. The path of least resistance. Worry about learning your craft first.

Back