New to Med Sup

Well I'm not sure exactly of what is covered in Plan A - J as WI doesn't offer those so sorry maybe I don't know the difference enough of what is exactly covered in Plans A - J. The only real riders to choose from are Part A deductible, Part B deductible, and Excess Charges. Home Healthcare and Foreign Travel riders are junk and useless for most people. I know for a fact however that Plan letter offer consumers more options to cater their coverage however. It helps when dealing with those ignorant people who never saved for retirement and are expecting the government to steal everyone else's money for them and get the left over crumbs to nibble on.

Well I'm not sure exactly of what is covered in Plan A - J as WI doesn't offer those so sorry maybe I don't know the difference enough of what is exactly covered in Plans A - J. The only real riders to choose from are Part A deductible, Part B deductible, and Excess Charges. Home Healthcare and Foreign Travel riders are junk and useless for most people. I know for a fact however that Plan letter offer consumers more options to cater their coverage however. It helps when dealing with those ignorant people who never saved for retirement and are expecting the government to steal everyone else's money for them and get the left over crumbs to nibble on.[/QUO

No they come out about the same, don't use part b deductible rider you have a plan g. I am in WI and sell in several other states. Your comment about being forced to buy Cadillac plan and price of $180 is flat wrong.

ruggered, I understand where you may have mistaken what I said. I will clarify: ~$140/m for supp + ~$40/m for PDP. I was comparing the costs of MA and supps and most MAs are MAPDs with PDP plan cost being included with the MA plan cost. I did not clarify that I was using shorthand math since I am speaking with fellow agents. I notice you are from WI as well. Hello neighbor :) What area are you from? Go Pack Go! lol Rodgers has no Nelson and no front offensive line.

ruggered, I understand where you may have mistaken what I said. I will clarify: ~$140/m for supp + ~$40/m for PDP. I was comparing the costs of MA and supps and most MAs are MAPDs with PDP plan cost being included with the MA plan cost. I did not clarify that I was using shorthand math since I am speaking with fellow agents. I notice you are from WI as well. Hello neighbor :) What area are you from? Go Pack Go! lol Rodgers has no Nelson and no front offensive line.

Are you kin to petey?

I am in Jefferson County. I get clients all the time in that live in WI and reference the lettered plans, everything on the Web is talks about them that way and medicare & you gives one sentence on stating "WI,MN and Massachusetts are standardized different ". It's hard not to learn them even on accident. Look into Humana for a PDP that is less than half of $40.

Honestly when I sell a more expensive PDP plan, It is usually because they are taking more expensive medications and benefit from that type of plan.

Many times they save enough on the meds from what they spent on a MA plan to cut half the cost difference.

What I always tell the customer and when doing cost comparisons, I divide the annual deductible in 12 and add it to the ~$20/m premium since it will be a cost most people will 100% pay every time. I just do that to keep the numbers fair and easy to compare with people. Lots of people are bad with numbers. When you take those cheaper PDP plans and add the deductible, the monthly costs are very close to each other hence why I said ~$40.

Honestly when I sell a more expensive PDP plan, It is usually because they are taking more expensive medications and benefit from that type of plan.

Many times they save enough on the meds from what they spent on a MA plan to cut half the cost difference.

Agreed, but if they are on some very high priced or odd prescription I send them to medicare. I only contract with 2 carriers and they don't fit everyone.

----------

What I always tell the customer and when doing cost comparisons, I divide the annual deductible in 12 and add it to the ~$20/m premium since it will be a cost most people will 100% pay every time. I just do that to keep the numbers fair and easy to compare with people. Lots of people are bad with numbers. When you take those cheaper PDP plans and add the deductible, the monthly costs are very close to each other hence why I said ~$40.

The plan I was talking about has no deductible for tier 1 or 2.

PDPs are basically ~$40/m no deductible or ~$20/m with a deductible. When you factor in the deductible the average cost per month for all PDPs are ~$40.

----------

Okay man now you are being petty with me seriously. I am throwing out ballpark figures and explaining the number and you still want to bicker with me.

Back