Newly Licensed Life/Accident Health

SIM ANTIC

Expert
I passed the exam with an 80%. Now...a month later my license has been issued. Any advice on where to go from here? I've interviewed NY LIFE...PRIMERICA....not really sold. Im looking for a lucrative market. I live in California being a huge variable here.

i was in the same boat a few months ago. I wanted to ask "Where do I start?" I found the question is way too broad...no one can even start to answer it. Take a lot of time and read and research the forum and the internet. There are hundreds of topics and great resources and people on the forum who have been doing this for a long time who are willing to share their expertise. Use the "search" button to start out. You'll have to keep with it...sometimes the threads can get off topic. You may have to read through a ton of posts to get to what your looking for. But keep in mind, you may be looking for a specific answer and all of a sudden completely different topic or situation that is relevant to you presents itself. At least that's how it's worked for me so far...best of luck to you (I could use some my way too)

Might I ask what prompted you to get licensed in the first place?

After interviewing with NY LIFE I decided that Inurance was the right field for me. After gettinig my license and searching as much information I could about the business, I was overwhelmed with the way you all felt about being captive and drinking the blue kool-aid. I understand that most of you here are independent so I I can see why you would feel that way. But NY LIFE is the biggest, oldest Mutual Company for a reason...right? I get a negative vibe here for wanting to go captive thats all..

Back