Offer to Become an Insurance Agent at a Growing Agency...

Yeah I recognize that of be bringing clients into their agency and I'm fine with that for what their giving back to me. But, if successful, I'd rather be building my own book in the long term.

And homeservice, yeah I'll be moving to Dallas. Do you have experience in p&c?

true. I guess an llc would protect your assets if some irate customer came after you. How does an appointment with a carrier usually cost?

No, your EO coverage will protect you. LLC has little to do with that.

How do you know that you will be in this for the long term.

You are probably thinking way too much about this. The only retail outfits that have a shot at making it are normally captives. If you look down any strip mall you will see lots of them, but very few independents.

Thats not to say that its not possible. Just an uphill task. Istarted out in 2000 selling life and health, and with experience got licensed in other lines.

10 years on we have an office in our local town.......but its taken a long time to reach where we are today.

I will repeat what I said in a previous post. What you have been offered is very fair. If I had been offered that package 10 years ago I would of ripped their arm off.......

Have read the posts and I agree its a a fair deal you are being offered with some pros and some cons. I think it allows for you to get your feet wet and begin to build a foundation in this business. The training will be their and if you are slow out of the gate you will have your base salary to support you.

Long term I think you will wake up and realize you want a bigger piece of the pie and some ownership / equity in your book of business.

As for now I would just tell you to focus on learning the business and then if all goes well educate yourself and consider taking things to the next level. Never get comfortable either!

Let's say I produce 12k a month. After one year I'd make around $43k. With an 80/20 split I'd make 115k. That's enormous. I really only need the training and access to carriers. Servicing and E&O are a must too.

Yeah, that is a huge difference. But honestly do you think you're going to turn $1,000,000 in premium your first year to make the $115k commission?

Back