Old Leads, New Leads, Red Leads, Blue Leads...

Remember Dr. Seuss?

Oh well. Quick question. As you know, 90% of our leads (or more) are usually worthless, or never lead to a sale.

If I were to email some of the leads I purchased about 13 months ago (assuming some of them bought elsewhere and have a current renewal)...would I be violating any part of the "no call" program.

These would all be leads that I purchased (so, I assume they requested the quote).

Just a simple email asking them if they would like to be requoted.

Is there any problem with this?

Thanks. The first 10 posters to respond to this thread, earn the following:

* 25 free health leads from the Netherlands

* A Holiday sweater from Bob Vineyard that he no longer uses

* 10 Vimo Live transfers from "The Cat House" in Las Vegas

* An outgoing message on your cellphone personally recorded by TXINSURANCE
Ed, scrub your old leads with the DNC, then you are good to go.

Good, I'm still within 10!
You said email them, so that can't by nature violate the do-not-call list or rules.

That said, I know you followup with a drip campaign. What do you realisitically hope to accomplish? It can't hurt... 1000 emails out, hope to get one or two deals.

I'd start the email with something like:
"A lot has changed over the last year, is it time to give your health plan a checkup?"

I'd then proceed carefully, but somewhat implying we talked a year ago and you got a policy (conveniently leaving out from who) and it's time to see if its still the right coverage.

Dan

I guess that was my question. With the autoresponder (Norvax)...if you send someone an email six and perhaps 12 months after you received the lead...Is that a violation?

Remember...this is an email. Make the assumption that a sale was not made and the prospect received emails during the first six months, but never responded.

Does it change anything to get their permission to follow-up with them at or before renewal time...? I would think that if you asked that question, and they answered in the affirmative, (or the usual Ohio grunt), that this might alleviate the violation... or at least give a running defense in teh multi-trillion dollar lawsuit that might ensue... (no pun intended).

I guess that was my question. With the autoresponder (Norvax)...if you send someone an email six and perhaps 12 months after you received the lead...Is that a violation?

Remember...this is an email. Make the assumption that a sale was not made and the prospect received emails during the first six months, but never responded.

If you are only mailing to your list once every 6 mos, they will have long since forgotten about you.

When you talk to a new lead get permission to follow up by email. Then make sure there is an unsubscribe link displayed somewhere in your email.

Just posted an article to our blog yesterday about email sending frequency. How Often Should You Send Your Email Newsletter? | Foresight Publishing Blog

"If you are only mailing to your list once every 6 mos, they will have long since forgotten about you."

I'm referring to a prospect that has been emailed five times during the first 120 days.

Then, at about the 180-day and 300-day mark...another email is sent. Is that a violation? If it is, then the autoresponder from Norvax (or anybody) is worthless.

I prefer Norvax because it will have their CURRENT rates. A newsletter will not do that.

Last edited:
Back