Opinions on Columbian Life

Note sure is still the case but they also paid advance different as well. As i remember when you reached month 9 they advanced the remaining comp.

My contract does not work that way.

----------

What's columbian life's final expense product called?im licensed with them for the GI and make
60% and 12% renewals. I bet I'm getting screwed. What's a good contract on there final expense product called?

The final expense is called Dignified Choice. It is issued and administered out of the Georgia office and requires a writing number than the one you use for ordinary and MDO.

How would you be getting screwed? You agreed to accept that amount.

It seems like an agency out of Louisville that hits our area a couple times per year is where the Columbian clean-sheeting comes from. I don't know if it's a problem nationwide. It definitely is with them.

Yes I agreed to that but does not the board say a person making "50 %" at LH is getting screwed?I just don't know what's out there with Columbia. What's street first yr and renewals on the dignified choice?Newby how are they clean sheeting with Columbia?Doesnt Columbia check the mib and rx and do a pos on the final expense product?

Yes I agreed to that but does not the board say a person making "50 %" at LH is getting screwed?I just don't know what's out there with Columbia. What's street first yr and renewals on the dignified choice?Newby how are they clean sheeting with Columbia?Doesnt Columbia check the mib and rx and do a pos on the final expense product?

Street is 110% and renewals are all over the place but can be 12%.

The most common clean-sheeting is smoker status. But Columbian must be easy to slide other things through because you always catch something on their apps that's not right. I assume they don't do a phone interview but I don't know for a fact.

I have a GA contract direct with the company so I can't speak to what "street" levels with an IMO might be. Yes, the FE product requires a script check, MIB and POS. If they are "clean sheeting", they may be selling the MDO plan. It doesn't require a POS. I don't know if they do an MIB or Script check on it.

Yeah but they must check mib and rx? One can clean sheet smoking with any company.But according to this board they must look the other way on a lot of type of ailments.

Street is 110% and renewals are all over the place but can be 12%.

The most common clean-sheeting is smoker status. But Columbian must be easy to slide other things through because you always catch something on their apps that's not right. I assume they don't do a phone interview but I don't know for a fact.

He said he was getting 60% on the GI product. I don't think street is 110% on that.

so rousemark what does a ga direct contract pay with Columbian on dignified?And if you can sell the gi whats the commission? I've never seen anyone on here saying they pay more than 66% and 12% renewals on the GI product.Newby can answer this. I've had a imo offer me 76% on gerbet gi before were gerber pays the writing agent 60% and he sends me 16% monthly. What does an imo make on a gerber 80%? Also a company like ngl pays 70% and kemper pays 65%. Whats does an imo make 15% on top of that with a gi product?

I replaced one about a year ago and the lady would only pay quarterly. She had just taken out the CL and had written a check for her first payment with CL.

Got her approved on the POS and she was writing a check for the first quarter for the new company and we got on the phone to CL to cancel and request a refund. They said they had never received a check and her plan was set on monthly bank draft and they hadn't drafted the first payment yet so there would be no refund.

We called the bank and the check had not gone through so she just stopped payment on it.

That guy is a "manager" with CL and I know he has agents under him and still works for them.

She had made the check to CL so he couldn't have cashed it. At least I don't think he could have.

Only thing I can think of is that they advance on approval and he was going to get his advance and then call the company and tell them to change her to quarterly and then send in the check.

I've run into problems with this guy harassing women clients that replace his policies. He leaves the men alone. That's his MO. A client of Newby's was to the point of calling the police about him harassing her.

Had another CL agent here DK a guy that I had an appointment with later that day. When the guy told him he already had an appointment with someone he told that he knew that but I was going to be able to make it and sent him instead. Sold him a $125/mo policy.

When I got there later the guy was telling me he already took care of it with my "partner". Once we cleared that up I wrote him the same coverage for $35/mo less.

That's the kind of CL agents I run into here. Then when I help people call the company to stop their drafts and get the cancellation started they ask if I'm an agent. If you tell them that you are an agent they hang up the phone after saying they will not speak to the client with an agent present. Damn fine operation there!

Guy sounds like a real DBag. I would doubt you get a Christmas card from him :D. I have run into a lot of those kind. I always try to leave them with a charge back also. I was just asked to help a client's parents that a United of America(?) agent. Was collecting their premium in cash. He did not show up last month so they mailed a MO, yup, policy lapsed around the first of the year.

I have not written Columbian non GI in 7 or 8 years but I do seem to remember they paid pretty quick. Maybe at submission or issue which seems would attract some bad guys.

Back