Opinions on Columbian Life

Probably same reason a person buys any policy. That is the one the agent pushed.

I wouldn't push Columbian Life on a client that would qualify for any FE out there because for one it's the right thing to do and two I don't want to give another agent a legitimate reason to replace it.This agent is very lucky he has a client that is loyal to him even though he didn't shop for the best price her -or not even close to the best price.

I wouldn't push Columbian Life on a client that would qualify for any FE out there because for one it's the right thing to do and two I don't want to give another agent a legitimate reason to replace it.This agent is very lucky he has a client that is loyal to him even though he didn't shop for the best price her -or not even close to the best price.

Agents here push Fraternal benefits most FE market people will not remember much less use to justify a higher premium than a policy. We as agents push what we believe or justify as best.

Agents here push Fraternal benefits most FE market people will not remember much less use to justify a higher premium than a policy. We as agents push what we believe or justify as best.

So what you are saying is...FE market people are not the type of people who would ever remember about or take advantage of free stuff or discounts?

Good to know.

Who are these "FE market people" that we speak of? I need to study them in their natural habitat.

Some Columbian agents are captive through their GAs.

I run across CL in the Grand Rapids area all the time. There are a few Russian mafia type guys who have been working the area for a long time; 15 to 20 years . Most of the time they started out as Mutual of Detroit and when they got shut down CL took over most of their policies. The vast majority of the time they pick up the payments each month at the home. Lots of cases where cash value is missing, or even completely gone.

I replaced two last week but they are pretty good at going back and saving them. The ones who buy those policies in my area are the bottom of the barrel in terms of life style, ghetto is a very fitting term. I would think they would be a big hit in Ferguson.

I agree Wino, maybe in certain states the FE market cares about fraternal benefits but in the South I have found once I start explaining them their eyes glaze over, all they care about is:

1. Price - Is it competitive?
2. Price - Can they afford it?
3. Price - How much coverage am I getting for my affordability?
4. Dominance in Market? - Mr. agent, do you have many people buy this company?
5. Coverage term? - Will it expire ever? and does my coverage start the first day?

Thats what I get anyway, works for me.

I agree Wino, maybe in certain states the FE market cares about fraternal benefits but in the South I have found once I start explaining them their eyes glaze over, all they care about is:

5. Coverage term? - Will it expire ever? and does my coverage start the first day?

Add do they pay their claims and is there a two year wait. And that is pretty much it for me also. It is transactional. A lot like term insurance.

I don't see that in the Great Lakes area.... In fact, when given a lower premium alternative, most pick the RNA plan because they actually have practical benefits that people will use daily and save even more when using the discounts. Compared to Foresters.... RNA seems to have actual benefits people will actually use.

Compound that with the constant contact that RNA has with policy holders / Quarterly newsletter and such, the name is always in front of them.

So what you are saying is...FE market people are not the type of people who would ever remember about or take advantage of free stuff or discounts?

Good to know.

Who are these "FE market people" that we speak of? I need to study them in their natural habitat.

They are the same people that routinely pay $30 nsf fees. As JD calls them the procrastinators. I doubt many ever make out a will or have even taken the RX card out of the policy packet.

Back