Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For individual health insurance...that is:

Celtic
Humana
Unicare
AMS
GR

I realize that opinions will be varied...but just a brief rundown would be much appreciated...along w/any that I should avoid.

How about group for the above companies?

That's like asking "What fast food restaurant is better"?

Burger King
McDonald's
Wendy's
Subway

They all have their pro's and con's, read through all the plans and know them inside and out so you can help the client decide which is best for them. You are selling what's best for the client, not what some random broker has to say about a company on this board.

That's like asking "What fast food restaurant is better"?

Burger King
McDonald's
Wendy's
Subway

That's easy...Wendy's ;)

They all have their pro's and con's, read through all the plans and know them inside and out so you can help the client decide which is best for them. You are selling what's best for the client, not what some random broker has to say about a company on this board.

I understand that...but there are always hidden factors not explained on the plan details (customer service, claims payout, commissions paid in timely matter, training etc.).

Besides that, I wouldn't sell based soley on what any "random broker" has to say anyway...I've seen enough axe grinding in my life to understand that. However, it would be helpful to get opinions on how carriers treat customers and agents...that is what I would appreciate help with.

Cheers

That's easy...Wendy's ;)

I understand that...but there are always hidden factors not explained on the plan details (customer service, claims payout, commissions paid in timely matter, training etc.).

Besides that, I wouldn't sell based soley on what any "random broker" has to say anyway...I've seen enough axe grinding in my life to understand that. However, it would be helpful to get opinions on how carriers treat customers and agents...that is what I would appreciate help with.

Cheers

Call each companies customer service line to see how well they treat people. Become appointed with each company and call the broker line to see how they treat brokers. Hope this helps.

-J.R.

The burning bush now speakuth..... ok, I can't spelluth.

Celtic, Not appointed with, never had a reason to

Unicare, cheapest rates in state, low rate increases, bitch to get approved. Read in trade magz. whee they have a depart. called recension team, looking for info not put on an app. then reciend policy. So be VERY carefull on the application. I do sell for them and like the good renewal commissions. Just watch them like a hawk and dont place any health conditions with them.

GR, Too expensive

Humana, Limit of 4 doctor visits per year, thought their prices to expensive for the benefits.

AMS, no reason to offer it, I have it, but not selling, I heard somewhere they may be bye bye soon.

Assurant, love everything about them except the price in Texas, forget about them until they are affordable. Stay away from their wrong start...er.. right start, limited

You forgot..... the one i have trashed the most....

Aetna.... still in my view the best all 'round package.... no pre x .... never, and i mean... never had a client call with a claim prob... but billing can be a nightmare.... but i have a private contact now and the probs have gone away.... but their benifits and underwriting can not be matched... period, end of story. no exclusions, underwriten in a week most times.... no pre x with prior ind. coverage.... co pay works with lab and x-ray in allot of cases..... great preventive..... hated the rate increase...hate their billing b.s..... love the policy

I dont want to hear anything about the spelling... i am doing three things at once.... do i fold 7 2 off I cant remember? ....

Don't forget that for no exclusionary period with Aetna they must have prior credible coverage or 12 months applies for all pre-ex treated within the last 6 months.

Aetna.... still in my view the best all 'round package.... no pre x .... never, and i mean... never had a client call with a claim prob... but billing can be a nightmare.... but i have a private contact now and the probs have gone away.... but their benifits and underwriting can not be matched... period, end of story. no exclusions, underwriten in a week most times.... no pre x with prior ind. coverage.... co pay works with lab and x-ray in allot of cases..... great preventive..... hated the rate increase...hate their billing b.s..... love the policy

yea...and that RX cap will go up one day......

Back