Part D enrolment period

Oh c'mon...you know that the disaster/emergency has to be the reason why a person missed an election period in order to use the SEP. Just because the SEP is available in your area doesn't mean it's available to everyone. Like if I chose not to do a plan change during AEP, I can't just use the SEP.

As I said, there is no accountability nor do they check. If the option is no drug coverage for 2023 or use FEMA (even if it doesnt technically apply to the individual) I am using FEMA every time.

As I said, there is no accountability nor do they check. If the option is no drug coverage for 2023 or use FEMA (even if it doesnt technically apply to the individual) I am using FEMA every time.

Just to be clear, I put likes on your previous posts because you took the time to answer me and you specifically stated, as an agent, something I wanted OP to see; not because I agreed with your position on the use of disaster SEP's .

What about another agent's comment that the Medicare Beneficiary has to sign an attestation to the truth of the applicability of the SEP when the Medicare Beneficiary applies for the PDP. Is that true?

Just to be clear, I put likes on your previous posts because you took the time to answer me and you specifically stated, as an agent, something I wanted OP to see; not because I agreed with your position on the use of disaster SEP's .

What about another agent's comment that the Medicare Beneficiary has to sign an attestation to the truth of the applicability of the SEP when the Medicare Beneficiary applies for the PDP. Is that true?

I am getting dizzy here LD.

There is no section on the app where they sign anything related to FEMA as far as I have seen. And for like the 7th time they do not check, this isn’t like a csnp enrollment.

Also thank you for the explanation for the likes, completely unnecessary but ok.

I will say you have a gift for research and copying relevant CMS regulations but you totally fail to understand the nuances nor how agents and carriers operate.

At the end of the day I will use all the tools available to help my clients and prospects.

Oh c'mon...you know that the disaster/emergency has to be the reason why a person missed an election period in order to use the SEP. Just because the SEP is available in your area doesn't mean it's available to everyone. Like if I chose not to do a plan change during AEP, I can't just use the SEP.
I changed a Humana MAPD to an Aetna MAPD in August using the Monkey Pox SEP.

It’s silly to think they are checking on the use of SEPs. It’s impossible to show proof that you couldn’t get online to move to a new plan and missed the enrollment period because of the shortage of baby formula in Pennsylvania (true sep).

I’ve used the hurricane one here about 5 times in the last couple of month. Insurance companies encourage it in their non-stop emails.

I’ve used the hurricane one here about 5 times in the last couple of month. Insurance companies encourage it in their non-stop emails.

Posts on the site suggest that some insurance companies also encourage their employees to strip independent AOR information from policy details when policy holders call in with questions.

There is an issue of professional ethics for the small business person being discussed in this thread.

I would not encourage someone to use a disaster SEP if they are not affected because they are required to attest to being affected. Just my two cents. I'm sure someone else will feel differently.

There is no section on the app where they sign anything related to FEMA as far as I have seen.

Commenting from my non-agent observation post in the bleachers, I have two experienced and knowledgeable agent comments about PDP SEP related applications which appear to contradict each other. I have no clue how to reconcile them.

I will say you have a gift for research and copying relevant CMS regulations but you totally fail to understand the nuances nor how agents and carriers operate.

(caveat, not an agent)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that your post does not mean that carriers will terminate contracts with contracted agents who do not submit certain quantities of SEP related PDP applications over the period of a contract year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interesting dimension of following posts here on Insurance Forums is gathering a sense of how small business people operate.

Sometimes in a general sense relating to operation of a small business;
Sometimes in a more specific sense relating to sale of financial and insurance products;
And sometimes, in this specific sub-forum, even more specifically relating to the sale of Medicare and other senior market related insurance products.

With issues that come up, there is often a spectrum of views presented by agents.

The proper approach to using PDP SEPs is an area where there is some disagreement among agents. One only has to take a look at member likes on some of the previous posts in this thread to see that.

It looks to me like this (use of PDP seps) is a decision involving Business Ethics where individual agents are making "beyond the law" decisions based on parameters such as Sales and Compensation; what they think they can get away with vs what the laws say; and their beliefs about whether or not client and prospect needs justify bending or ignoring CMS rules if those rules can be bent or ignored without consequence to the agent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, I am not an agent so I am not personally confronting those ethical, financial and emotional decisions multiple times a day.

Back