Part D Sales on Med Supps

Re: Part D

Well done, why leave money on the table?

Also stats say a client who has more than one product through you stays on the books longer.

You could also walk them through the plans at medicare.gov to ensure they get the correct one to match their needs, but that of course takes time and work, which many don't seem to want to invest into a client.

:twitchy:

Yes...

Over half of them had AdvantraRX with me...which won't be available in Florida in 2011. I could have done nothing and all of them would have been put on AdvantraRX's sister company...First Health...in 2011....at $81 a month.

The plan does good on generics, but most people don't like paying $81 a month for a PDP plan. Plus they would have had no agent. I'm not certified to write First Health.

Through me they at least have an agent if they need any help.

Also stats say a client who has more than one product through you stays on the books longer.

You could also walk them through the plans at medicare.gov to ensure they get the correct one to match their needs, but that of course takes time and work, which many don't seem to want to invest into a client.

There is a difference between helping your client and looking for Part D busienss. I help my clients (and non-clients) if they ask me. I'm just not looking to make a "killing" writing Part D.

Should I put a smilie in here so that no one would get the "right" idea?

Rick

There is a difference between helping your client and looking for Part D busienss. I help my clients (and non-clients) if they ask me. I'm just not looking to make a "killing" writing Part D.

I have done this as well. I don't sell Part D, but I help each of my customers evaluate and select their 2011 Part D plan using MEDICARE.GOV. I also have helped many referred people with their Part D evaluations, and many of them have become new Med Supp customers. I don't get commissions on Part D, but the effort more than pays for itself in customer retention as well as new business for Med Supp. It provides a good reason to make another contact with existing and prospective clients.

You can go through medicare.gov and do the ENTIRE process in less than 15 minutes. (now that I"ve done it about 10 times)

#1. So have internet access and go and process their meds in medicare.gov.
#2. Just choose 'I don't know' to many answers to get through quickly.
#3. Enter their drugs.
#4. Choose 'compare' and compare three drug plans. Make sure one of them is one you represent if its near the top.
#5. Have them choose a plan. If you represent AARP as an example, maybe say, yes the monthly premium is a little higher, but you have no deductible and the ANNUAL estimated total is lower than the bravo plan which is 10.00 less per month.
#6. Once they've chosen a plan. If its through YOUR plan... fill in your paperwork. If not through you, click the 'enroll now' button on medicare.gov and you can sign them up in about 5 minutes with ANY of the plans in your state.

We try to do this when a) we deliver the policy for the med supp or b) about 48 hours later.

I help with Part D as a door opener to my real goal, the med supp,

Prospect: "I need help selecting a Part D plan".
Me: "Do you currently have an agent for your med supp?"
Prospect: "Yes", "But he told me he was too busy tending his goat herd to help me with Part D".;)
Me: "I can help you with your Part D, and, I can probably save you some money on your med supp too".
Prospect: "But my current med supp agent sends me a birthday card each year", "will you ?".
Me: "No", "I will only save you money". "If you want birthday cards and newsletters, I'm not your guy".

I received a call from a guy who wanted to help his father pick out a new MAPD. In Los Angeles, Secure Horizons has zero premium and pretty much zero copays for almost anything else. He was already in a plan and he could keep his doctors. In fact, he was the one who said they wanted to stay with an HMO.

We spoke 3 times and finally the son told me he wanted me to come to the house (30 miles and 2 hours away in LA traffic) for just the Part D. The son sells for LHL so we already know about his ethics.

I told him the truth. I said that my total commission would be $27 (and explained why) but I would be happy to do this over the phone. He then told me "I don't think I want to work with you."

I'll try to get over it.

Rick

I received a call from a guy who wanted to help his father pick out a new MAPD. In Los Angeles, Secure Horizons has zero premium and pretty much zero copays for almost anything else. He was already in a plan and he could keep his doctors. In fact, he was the one who said they wanted to stay with an HMO.

We spoke 3 times and finally the son told me he wanted me to come to the house (30 miles and 2 hours away in LA traffic) for just the Part D. The son sells for LHL so we already know about his ethics.

I told him the truth. I said that my total commission would be $27 (and explained why) but I would be happy to do this over the phone. He then told me "I don't think I want to work with you."

I'll try to get over it.

Rick

I don't blame you for not wanting to drive 2 hours for that. I wouldn't have done it either. He could have been nice and done it with you over the phone.

This is hysterical.

:D

I help with Part D as a door opener to my real goal, the med supp,

Prospect: "I need help selecting a Part D plan".
Me: "Do you currently have an agent for your med supp?"
Prospect: "Yes", "But he told me he was too busy tending his goat herd to help me with Part D".;)
Me: "I can help you with your Part D, and, I can probably save you some money on your med supp too".
Prospect: "But my current med supp agent sends me a birthday card each year", "will you ?".
Me: "No", "I will only save you money". "If you want birthday cards and newsletters, I'm not your guy".

Agree.

My office is at my house and I always go out to see people. I've never brought a computer with me. I've never gone on the medicare.gov website for anyone.

I've referred a few to that website or recommended they talk to their pharmacist and they could put them on the best plan.

I just think a lot of people would trade paying slightly more out of pocket and have an agent to help them, if needed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He prob just wanted some "free training".

I guess he got it.:yes:

Last edited:
Back