• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Perfect Example Of Why You Should Door Knock Your Leads

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
Below is a message I received for AT&T yesterday regarding measures taken to improve the calling experience of clients.

Having an enjoyable experience is critical for phone companies, and all of them are actively putting in measures to reduce the dreaded robocall and telemarketer solicitation.
Message is below. Highlights and emphasis are mine.

Hi,

Thank you for being a valued AT&T customer. To show our appreciation to you for your business we will be automatically enabling AT&T Call Protect fraudulent call blocking and suspected spam alert features to all your eligible CRU lines. If you choose, you may opt-out of these features.

AT&T Call Protect provides network-based and application-based features that can help you manage unwanted calls. AT&T Call Protect determines calls to be spam/nuisance, fraud/scam, or neither/neutral using data analytics and network monitoring, as well as reports from customers. AT&T Call Protect is not guaranteed to be accurate and may inadvertently block wanted calls or misidentify some numbers as suspected spam or potential fraud. It is possible that calls flagged or blocked may include service messages and/or other permissible calls.

AT&T will provide this at no extra charge and you don’t have to do anything. It’s automatic for iPhones version® 6 or higher with iOS® 9.3+ and Android™ smartphones with a voice over LTE (VOLTE) SIM. For individual control over spam alerts and call blocking, visit the iOS app store or Android Marketplace and download the AT&T Call Protect application. Complete terms and conditions for AT&T Call Protect may be found here.

The possible alerts that may appear on your CRU screens include:

• AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk

• AT&T Alert: Spam Risk

• AT&T Alert: Telemarketer

• Account Services

• Political Call

• Survey

• Non-Profit

• Private

With the Call Protect mobile app, you can specifically unblock anyone you feel was inadvertently blocked as fraud or mislabeled as spam. Importantly, you may elect to opt-out of these free Call Protect features altogether.

To opt-out, manage your settings, or learn more visit att.com/callprotect.

Thanks again for your business.

Year after yr fewer and fewer people answer the phone. Its going to thin out the fe business as few people will drive 200-300 miles a day and door knock all day. Pounding payment day in and day out is tough.This will affect all sales jobs from stock brokers to home improvement salesman. I think AT@t will be challenged on this on the legality of installing this software up from to all phones. The client should have to opt in to get. Also once clients start missing important calls there could be backlash.

Last edited:
I already door knock all of my leads and am still having difficulty. Lately stop by mornings and afternoons, twice a day on Tuesday and Thursday and can't make contact. Where do these people hide? Driving 200+ miles is nothing unusual for me but I only do it 2 times a week. Could not hold up to a 4 day a week schedule like this.

Below is a message I received for AT&T yesterday regarding measures taken to improve the calling experience of clients.

Having an enjoyable experience is critical for phone companies, and all of them are actively putting in measures to reduce the dreaded robocall and telemarketer solicitation.
Message is below. Highlights and emphasis are mine.

Hi,

Thank you for being a valued AT&T customer. To show our appreciation to you for your business we will be automatically enabling AT&T Call Protect fraudulent call blocking and suspected spam alert features to all your eligible CRU lines. If you choose, you may opt-out of these features.

AT&T Call Protect provides network-based and application-based features that can help you manage unwanted calls. AT&T Call Protect determines calls to be spam/nuisance, fraud/scam, or neither/neutral using data analytics and network monitoring, as well as reports from customers. AT&T Call Protect is not guaranteed to be accurate and may inadvertently block wanted calls or misidentify some numbers as suspected spam or potential fraud. It is possible that calls flagged or blocked may include service messages and/or other permissible calls.

AT&T will provide this at no extra charge and you don’t have to do anything. It’s automatic for iPhones version® 6 or higher with iOS® 9.3+ and Android™ smartphones with a voice over LTE (VOLTE) SIM. For individual control over spam alerts and call blocking, visit the iOS app store or Android Marketplace and download the AT&T Call Protect application. Complete terms and conditions for AT&T Call Protect may be found here.

The possible alerts that may appear on your CRU screens include:

• AT&T Alert: Fraud Risk

• AT&T Alert: Spam Risk

• AT&T Alert: Telemarketer

• Account Services

• Political Call

• Survey

• Non-Profit

• Private

With the Call Protect mobile app, you can specifically unblock anyone you feel was inadvertently blocked as fraud or mislabeled as spam. Importantly, you may elect to opt-out of these free Call Protect features altogether.

To opt-out, manage your settings, or learn more visit att.com/callprotect.

Thanks again for your business.

They have had that for a year or so. I have thousands of blocked numbers in mine. It doesn’t stop the overseas scammers at all. They still call 20 times a day from a million spoofed numbers. But you are right that a legit regional agent using one phone number will likely be labeled as a telemarketer.

I already door knock all of my leads and am still having difficulty. Lately stop by mornings and afternoons, twice a day on Tuesday and Thursday and can't make contact. Where do these people hide? Driving 200+ miles is nothing unusual for me but I only do it 2 times a week. Could not hold up to a 4 day a week schedule like this.

Are you using the "Delivery Notes"?

FE clients have iPhones now?

The majority of my leads are cell phone only - very few still have a landline. Today's 70 year old was in his or her late 50's when the smartphone boom started. I knpw the only reason that I still have a landline because I'm saving the phone number to be transitioned to a cell number at some point in the future. In the meantime, I use it as mu business FAX number.

Its going to thin out the fe business

What is going to thin out the FE business is that leads costs are rising and most of the newer folks will need to be @Jose Arteaga unicorns right out of the gate to make the business cash flow or they won't be able to make it. Many IMO's are now charging upwards of $34 to $40 for leads that just a few years ago were $26 to $30. I recently saw that one of the FB vendors out there now charges $20 for a 21 day exclusive lead that will be resold after just three weeks! The FE biz has become saturated, much as the MP biz became years ago.

Why is it that a majority of IMO's who wanted nothing to do with Medicare is now pushing MAPD sales like crack? Eventually that too will become overrun with poorly trained imbeciles.

The IMO biz is as much a lead biz as it is insurance, imo. But, for an agent who is willing to drive a bit and willing to door knock, lead costs can easily be dropped to less than $400/week.

I am moving in a direction that I expect to drop my lead costs to less than $200/month. We'll see how that works for me lol

Last edited:
What is going to thin out the FE business is that leads costs are rising and most of the newer folks will need to be @Jose Arteaga unicorns right out of the gate to make the business cash flow or they won't be able to make it. Many IMO's are now charging upwards of $34 to $40 for leads that just a few years ago were $26 to $30. I recently saw that one of the FB vendors out there now charges $20 for a 21 day exclusive lead that will be resold after just three weeks! The FE biz has become saturated, much as the MP biz became years ago.

Why is it that a majority of IMO's who wanted nothing to do with Medicare is now pushing MAPD sales like crack? Eventually that too will become overrun with poorly trained imbeciles.

The IMO biz is as much a lead biz as it is insurance, imo. But, for an agent who is will to drive a bit and willing to door knock, lead costs can easily be dropped to less than $400/week.

I am moving in a direction that I expect to drop my lead costs to less than $200/month. We'll see how that works for me lol

Are IMO's actually charging $34 to $40 for leads? I just had to raise ours to $30 and it's tough to do that. But I thought $32 was the upper level for set cost direct mail.

Back