Perpetuity After Leaving Captive Status

Good afternoon all! First time posting and I have troubling question. I have currently been a career (capitve agrnt) Humana. I've recently been offered a very lucrative position in another industry. I'm concerned if I left Humana I would lose commission on 15 MAPD that have yet to take effect (June-Aug effective). I'm more concerned with my residual commission, I'm afraid I'm going to lose out on that since I have over 1,000 active customers. I will keep my insurance license and hopefully my appointment as well. Pleas help

Sorry for grammar mistakes using iPhone!

PM me if you like. Yes I am a former captive, that was 5 years ago, I imagine some things have changed. A lot depends on your state director.

Other than violating both your Humana contract and CMS marketing regulations this thought of moving 1,000 members to a different plan, with no regard to the needs of the Medicare beneficiary, in 7 weeks during OEP while working full time at this new great job sounds like a truly viable plan.

It wouldn't be all 1,000, I looked at my market and I know about 300-400 could of had a better plan with a different carrier. However as captive I couldn't sell it :(... im thinking about reaching out to a former agent from last year to see how they handle it. My potential new employer has given me till Wednesday to make a decision, and gracious enough to let me continue this one the side as well.

And to the gentleman who talked $17 per customer here is the current commission structure.

Residual $5 a month per customer
Team leader Lead - $125 per application (was $180)
Referral $300
Market to market $180
Plan to plan $100
PDP $40
Plus salary, health insurance, 401k

Bulk of AEP is TM leads and could result in a $15,000 loss in commission with the new structure.

I will update what happens.

Latest posts

Back