Please Critique My Marketing Idea

Chazm,

I am an independent P&C agent and am able to write (as any other independent agent) a wide range of auto, home and commercial policies. We write the preferred client all the way to the almost un-insurable. Most captive agents cannot write these higher risks or offer some of these same product to their existing clients.

Rather then sending their preferred client out the door when their child just picked up a dwi or 2nd speeding ticket, they are sending that child to us, with the agreement that we don't cross sell or steal the rest of that clients policies.

Some captives will send us a client that has been with them for years and now needs a product that they cannot write (mobile home, commercial policy, vacant home) Rather than send the client out the door to their competition. They send them to us knowing that we are not going to try and steal all of the clients policies (auto, home, life, umbrella, motorcycles, ETC....)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgentC,

I just sent a State Farm agent 6 rental properties yesterday (single family dwellings that are now listed under separate LLC's) I did not have a carrier that wanted the risk on a personal policy and don't have a commercial carrier that will write a single family dwelling as a commercial policy.

Last edited:
^Thanks.

I am actaully about to go out today and stop by a few insurance agencies today looking to refer some business for P&C in central florida. If you know anyone who lives in my area in P&C I would love to talk to them or if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Back