Pops T65, Now I Am N a Twist.

Copays are higher
max out of pocket is higher
Cost is $68.00 and UHC costs 0
so having said that, not liking them this year. Be interesting what next year holds.

Well then it is too bad the only choice is AARP/UHC

Years ago south FL was part of my territory and most carriers did not want to sell business there, mostly due to fraud and corruption. Based on reports about Medicare "sting" operations, it doesn't seem like things have changed.

The few carriers that were writing business there eventually pulled out. At one time AvMed wrote a fair amount of business (medical, not Medicare). Don't know if they still write there or not.

South Fl is the cash cow for MA plans BECAUSE its the epicenter of Medicare fraud.In the Bizzaro world of govment budgeting the more a govment agency spends this year the more that agency is alocated the following year.I used to work as a captive agent for Humana in Florida and i remember hearing from the manager that something like 80% of Humana's overall corporate net profit from MA came from the the Miami - Dade market.( that was in 2003) The capitation reimbursement per MA member in Dade County is about 1500.00 per month as opposed to about 700.00 per month in other Florida Counties.

It is common knowledge that that in Miami there are Medicare Card bounty hunters that are hired by the fraudsters go to places where seniors hang out and pay the old farts 20.00 to 100.00 or so to get on the Medifraud bus so they can be dropped off at sham labs,home health agencies and SNF where they bill medicare 100% for services that are not needed and usually not even performed.

South Fl is the cash cow for MA plans BECAUSE its the epicenter of Medicare fraud

But that same logic would not translate to gap plans where the carrier is on the risk without govt subsidy.

SOUTHEAST Florida is very much the center of fraud. I would not sell anything in Miami/Dade.
I am in SW Florida.

Do not mean to come across in a bad manner. Just like to all options period. However, in this case first option is my best option. And if their is a option did not I offer so be it. Can anyone post rate for top carriers in LA?

Thanks guys good and bad, but some of U's really over do it.

Sooo commission is really your main concern?

Back