• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Primerica a Good Play?

LuisB

I have been involved with Primerica on a part-time basis and off for about four years now. I am looking to focus more on life and health now
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As I was saying I am a part-time rep for Primerica. They want you to be exclusive with them. I am also appointed by Aflac, but Primerica wants me to stop actively pursuing business with them. Another opportunity has arisen, which may be more lucrative. Should I just let my Primerica agreement dissolve?

What is the street saying about Primerica???

I appreciate any advice on this.

LouieB.

Last edited:
Lou, sweet Lou,

Do what you want to do, why come here and ask permission? Prime is a middle of the road company. Their prices are better than some worse than others.

They are not hard to beat in competitive situations, usually have 5-9 companies with strong reviews and better prices, plus more flexibility.

Rarely run into prime agents in my neck of the woods.

Do what works for you.

Primerica is primarily about recruiting. Do you want to be a recruiter and have a downline?

Luis with PFS it's either or. You can have any outside business unless they approve. As you have a contract with them you really can't expect anyone to tell you to leave or stay.

I would suggest you read your agent agreement and then consider your options.

Here is a consideration. I you are terminated by PFS there is a chance you may have to explain the termination when you contract with other carriers going forward.

That is what I believe is a shortfall of the business model. You focus so much on the recruiting. I want to help people secure their financial future and protect
Help them also to protect their assets...
Luis with PFS it's either or. You can have any outside business unless they approve. As you have a contract with them you really can't expect anyone to tell you to leave or stay.

I would suggest you read your agent agreement and then consider your options.

Here is a consideration. I you are terminated by PFS there is a chance you may have to explain the termination when you contract with other carriers going forward.

Cornelius, you have a point. I'll look into all of that. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Luis to understand Primerica you have to understand their business model and their target market. Now this is just my opinion but they concentrate on the middle market who is most instances are not serviced on a large scale.

If people did as Art says then there is real money to be made. I'm not in any way promoting Primerica I just understand they have their way of doing business just as other companies.

AL Williams: Warm Markets - YouTube

Back