• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Privacy questions farmers life insurance

Sue Ann

I applied for life insurance for a 500k dollar policy. Actually its my father who wants to get the policy, they set it up with ny grandmother who is an agent. Im having medical exam done, blood test, urinary analysis, and im sure pulling my medical records.
My question to you, will the agent be able to see any of my medical information? Prescriptions, lab or urinary results? And if for some reason I was denied life insurance, will it be just a yes or no letter. Or do they give them the reason?
This again is with farmers life insurance. I just want to make sure all of my information is private.

I applied for life insurance for a 500k dollar policy. Actually its my father who wants to get the policy, they set it up with ny grandmother who is an agent. Im having medical exam done, blood test, urinary analysis, and im sure pulling my medical records.
My question to you, will the agent be able to see any of my medical information? Prescriptions, lab or urinary results? And if for some reason I was denied life insurance, will it be just a yes or no letter. Or do they give them the reason?
This again is with farmers life insurance. I just want to make sure all of my information is private.

No, they won't know that info due to HIPAA laws.

Reactions: DHK
will the agent be able to see any of my medical information? Prescriptions, lab or urinary results?

if for some reason I was denied life insurance, will it be just a yes or no letter. Or do they give them the reason?

I have the exams and lab slips from many of my clients. Not the lab results unless they have ordered them and they sent them to me. The Prescriptions are asked and recorded on the exams.

I usually get a pretty good idea of why a client is denied, rated up or postponed.

Will your Grandmother see your scrips, probably. The med records, probably not. The answers to the questions, Maybe. If your grandmother has a good working relationship with the underwriter she can get a pretty good idea why you would be denied.

A good agent is good at keeping others secrets. I get that this is your dad's idea and the agent is your grandmother. If one of my kids wanted a policy and were the least concerned that I would learn something that they did not want me to know, I would refer them out.

Depending on your age there are several non med(no exams) options out there.

I have the exams and lab slips from many of my clients. Not the lab results unless they have ordered them and they sent them to me. The Prescriptions are asked and recorded on the exams.

I usually get a pretty good idea of why a client is denied, rated up or postponed.

Will your Grandmother see your scrips, probably. The med records, probably not. The answers to the questions, Maybe. If your grandmother has a good working relationship with the underwriter she can get a pretty good idea why you would be denied.

A good agent is good at keeping others secrets. I get that this is your dad's idea and the agent is your grandmother. If one of my kids wanted a policy and were the least concerned that I would learn something that they did not want me to know, I would refer them out.

Depending on your age there are several non med(no exams) options out there.

Im a 30 year old female. What kind of options would i have?

Im a 30 year old female. What kind of options would i have?

$500,000.
Female - assumptions just for this sample - non tobacco good health assuming 'good health' not 'excellent' health.
Non Med

Three types of plans
A GUL = $149.mo to age 120+
30 yr Term $33-$34mo to age 60
20 yr Term $21-23mo to age 50

Now, there is a boatload of info left out of this as well a lot of information needed by an agent to quote an accurate rate. This is just for a sample.

If you, and you will, start getting a bunch of PMs from agents wanting you to contact them outside of this thread, beware.

Back