• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Problems with HCO?

:laugh:
So it was 48 years ago that you entered the business. I'm sure things have changed. Of course, as you pointed out, some things haven't.

Just curious...what path did you take instead of insurance?

You're right about some things changed, my first license cost $2.00, no exams, no waiting to produce. Now,looks like by time I could produce have several hundred into it - duh, don't think even inflation can address that increase? But part probably can be laid at feet of the cause of this thread, among other things.

Learned early that DOI's are empowered to protect the consumer, not agt - so who is vulnerable? Read enough of your posts to know that you see it!

Primarily came here to find a trustworthy IMO - think I may have found a vehicle that does't require liscensing. Awaiting reply, probably know tomorrow. Prospecting may be difficult and rather excluive.

If I come into ins. want very good Cancer and CI coverage in my case. And very competitive FE. at my ageits my best market.

Excuse me, I ignored your question. I spent over 40 years in sales, Kirby, cars, new and used, mobile homes -became known as closer. Retired now few years, but cancer in my significant other and economic times forcing me to reconsider. Not to mention my itch to experience the joy of "closing the deal" again. Thanks for asking! :goofy:

Well...Good luck. You certainly have experience.

Don't get all 'soapy eyed' on us now Chumps, just please update the score of this boxing match. And the 'people' will NOT accept a draw by any means, so don't even go there sir.

[UC lands a dbl bye in the BE trny.
Xavier may have come off the bubble with defeat over Charlotte (Amalie').
Red Hawks???? NIT maybe; will C Coles finally retire???]

@sellingmachine:

That's one of the good things about this forum; it helps to expose some things you might want to stay away from. Agents come here to learn most of the time and can include the things to do and some of the things to NOT do.

Thankfully, the match ends. There seems to be some confusion with one of the judges, who apparently changed their score.

But here's Michael Buffer with the verdict:

Judge Number 1 8-7
Judge Number 2 8-7
Judge Number 3 7-6-2

For the winner...and NEW Insurance Champion...Independent health and life brokers!

However...due to contractual agreements, a rematch must take place within 180 days. Oddsmakers seem confident that HCO will rebound quickly, as they are a slight favorite to win the rematch.

Michael Buffer - Let's get ready to rumble 1 - YouTube

And RE Coach Coles...I think this is it! Bad way to go out but he didn't seem near as healthy towards the latter part of the year. One of two assistants is a good bet to be offered the HC job. Then...maybe we can finally beat UC!!!

Scott & Brian:

No, thank you!

Bogus? Really? I have read enough and made my decision not to go forth with HCO.

I was going to fax in the paper work this afternoon and I'm glad to stop here before actually getting it done.

Tina M.

Last edited:
I'd like to add two points.

First, every agency has issues, mine recently had some terrible contracting problems (our fault, employee problem, now resolving) regardless, some issues are minor, some major, and the forum is great in that it can bring to light the validity of them. This makes it possible for the issues to be addressed and improved upon, if they are taken to heart.

Secondly, perhaps Scott wasn't aware of just how much of a problem it was until now. Many times employees like to make it appear as if things are running smoothly and they don't ever tell the boss about issues/complaints, obviously not good but it happens, it's possible that this is the case here.

Good stuff Chumps good stuff!

Back