Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to burst any bubbles but I’ve already committed to LH. I was with another agency in the past but they offered me no training other than some videos on their website, and wouldn’t give me leads because I was so new so they got me to focus on my warm market, which made me fall flat on my face.

Lincoln however has trained me more on making sales in a week the other company did in 3 months. A little off topic I know but I’ve been to so many “opportunity meetings” and got so many offers I realize now I just need to stick to one thing until I get it. Coincidentally, it’s in my nature to one trick things. I’m just trying to let this one be my way out of the W2 environment. Maybe down the road when I know what I’m doing I can take on more contracts and branch out. Also, Lincoln has renewals. My mentor has a medical condition that knocked him out of the field for 8 months last year. Thankfully he had renewals and his pay-thru to get him through it.

Anyways...

He said he totaled 75k his first year and probably 50k after lead costs and whatever other expenses. Also his medical condition kept him from working more and making more in the beginning like he needed to.

I see a lot thrown against LH and I don’t really understand it.. Sure they’re not the cheapest product but they aren’t really selling final expense either... lol

From what I can tell so far they are one of the best companies for the new agent.

LH is not selling FE? If it isn't FE, then what is it?

FE is nothing more than a Simplified Issue whole Life product that starts out at least table 4. "Simplified" just means there are not parameds, etc to do.

If you haven't figured out why we bash LH so much, then you need to read more. The ONLY good thing about them it they can train you in the field. However, there are several IMOs on here that can do that, AND give you higher commissions, AND better products.

Look you can do it, but your not maximizing your chance at success at Lincoln. Doing one day here and there is also not ideal. Low compensation, expensive OR cheap b Leads, highly uncompetitive product.

LH is not selling FE? If it isn't FE, then what is it?

FE is nothing more than a Simplified Issue whole Life product that starts out at least table 4. "Simplified" just means there are not parameds, etc to do.

If you haven't figured out why we bash LH so much, then you need to read more. The ONLY good thing about them it they can train you in the field. However, there are several IMOs on here that can do that, AND give you higher commissions, AND better products.

Obviously they do final expense, but to my understanding the agent success comes from “selling” the FCGS program.

I think everyone can agree the actual LH policy isn’t the best product on the market. But they for sure deliver to their clients. Even the funeral homes start licking their chops when they get their hands on an LH policy because they know they are going to get paid right away.

I haven’t seen anyone able to bash the company itself other than the actual commission rates and the product prices.. But I guess there’s always a better something out there.

Obviously they do final expense, but to my understanding the agent success comes from “selling” the FCGS program.

I think everyone can agree the actual LH policy isn’t the best product on the market. But they for sure deliver to their clients. Even the funeral homes start licking their chops when they get their hands on an LH policy.

I haven’t seen anyone able to bash the company itself other than the actual commission rates and the product prices.. But I guess there’s always a better something out there.

Just use Legacy Safeguard (free to you and your clients), instead of the FCGS. Then sell them an FE plan that will be much cheaper for them as well as being a higher commission for you. That's a win/win situation.

Just use Legacy Safeguard (free to you and your clients), instead of the FCGS. Then sell them an FE plan that will be much cheaper for them as well as being a higher commission for you. That's a win/win situation.

I’ll have to look that one up. I’m already fully committed right now though, you best believe I’ll jump on the next big thing when I’m out of this rough start.

Leave him alone, guys. He’s already tasted the Koolaid and likes it!
tenor.gif

I was with another agency in the past but they offered me no training other than some videos on their website, and wouldn’t give me leads because I was so new so they got me to focus on my warm market, which made me fall flat on my face.

As far as leads, there's plenty of good vendors that will be happy to take your money and supply you with leads. LH charges too right?

I recently joined Lincoln Heritage and attended the UBI boot camp. I have a normal job working 12 hour days and haven’t had time to go work any leads ( For example: I won’t have but one day off for the next 2 weeks). I told my superintendent that I was leaving sometime at the beginning of August so I could take a leap of faith and do this stuff full time. I am a bit nervous as I’m not where I want to be to make that kind of hard transition, but I have been feeling more confident as I try to receive counsel from my friends and colleagues on the subject, paying particularly close attention to those that have past direct sales experience. Why am I doing this? I hate my job and I hate that my bank account looks the same year after year.

My question though... I have heard people say even if you suck at the sales aspect but excel in the work aspect, as in putting in abserd amounts of time, you’ll make it regardless in this business. Also I believe in this product, know a bit about it, and have one of my own. So I’m just wondering what you, the reader, think? Will I have a shot at matching my 70k income if I put in say, 12 hours 6-7 days a week for the next year? With no prior sales experience, other than my mentor taking me out on the field with him.. Thanks in advance for any responses!
Hey newbie.
I too started in the Industry with Lincoln heritage UBI division.
Never heard of this Bootcamp, How was it. Who is your mentor there if you don't mind?

it sounds as if you are not ready. You can't make the change unless you have confidence that you will make it. If I were in your shoes I would not go into the FE business exclusively out of the gate. Instead I would lead with Medicare and sell FE as a secondary product.

The reason is that you will not create the renewals you need to build a long-term career. You will end up chasing the next sale to pay the next bill. This will happen eventually to most agents. By focusing on renewal based products you will, one day, be able to relax and enjoy a substantial income before you get out of bed. This should be your goal!

You will sell FE initially as you will need the bigger commission hit.

If you are going to make the change, do it with a plan for the rest of your life and attack it with a vengeance. If you believe 100% in what you are doing, you won't have skepticism or worry.

What ? Did you even read his post ? Is this just a copy paste ? Have some personality

As for OP. Bust your ass and you can make that ....be smart on your write offs and such. It’s normal to feel like this (uncertainty)and to be honest Lincoln heritage is as hand holding as it gets so you have people that want you to write business. Your best bet is to delete your insurance forum account and pretend you can’t fail. 1 year from now all these guys will be foaming at the mouth to have you just like they are now. You clearly show your commitment to what you do.

These peeps already talking annuities and Medicare and you are nervous about the FE jump ....come on guys chill with recruiting for a second.

Last edited:
Back