Question on Employer Lifetime Drug Coverage Retirement Benefit and Medicare Advantage Rx

So, you can Group Rx, a PDP and 27 discount plans if you want. You just can't have 2 PDPs.

Yes, but . . .

You are not supposed to use your drug plan PLUS a discount plan . . . it's either or.

As for PDP + group Rx it depends . . .

Enrolling in PDP might terminate your group Rx and/or group medical.

There are no absolute rules for combining coverage and COB almost never works the way many folks think it does

You are not supposed to use your drug plan PLUS a discount plan
I wrote a lady that was T65 several months ago. She couldn't afford a Supp so I wrote her an MAPD with UHC. She had some type of drug discount card and nothing else.

Here's how it's been going so far ..... Phone rings:

Client: My pharmacy won't take my UHC card.
Me: Hand the phone to the pharmacist.
Me: She's still got that damn discount card in your computer. Take it out.
Pharm: Thanks, it worked:
Me: No problem. Talk to you next month.

PDP applications ask if you have other prescription drug coverage that you are keeping in addition to this plan?
Thanks for the comment.

I've done my PDP enrollments online on the plan finder site and I have no record of the various questions asked during the process.

I wrote a lady that was T65 several months ago. She couldn't afford a Supp so I wrote her an MAPD with UHC. She had some type of drug discount card and nothing else.

Here's how it's been going so far ..... Phone rings:

Client: My pharmacy won't take my UHC card.
Me: Hand the phone to the pharmacist.
Me: She's still got that damn discount card in your computer. Take it out.
Pharm: Thanks, it worked:
Me: No problem. Talk to you next month.

That's interesting.

I use a Kroger pharmacy. I've never had MAPD, just PDP, but to the best of my knowledge there is an old (maybe even pre-Medicare days) discount card company in my file at the pharmacy. I've never had any trouble with my prescriptions going onto the PDP plan.

Back