• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Question on Great Western

Continuing on Question 3 is the clarification:

If Bertha goes from 40mg lasix to 80 mg lasix to treat her CHF within the past two years constitutes a "yes" answer to Question 3.

If Bertha continues her medication treatment at the same level for two years or longer to treat CHF, then she can answer a "no" to the question.

I stand corrected.. I was going by the way hey quoted their won question in the UW Guide.. They did not include the qualifier from the question... That makes it much better.

I have no interest in them as a "bread and butter" carrier. But I run into a lot of cases were 2 blood thinners and 2 water pills are used and they can be useful to the tune of 30 plus cases a yr. We both know the power of no mib/Rx check . What about all the clients on dialysis ? There's a huge mkt for it if you can understand truely what's acceptable . I was talking to a lady at the co the other day and she said a few days a they got near 2k apps. If they have a niche I can exploit then I will.
I looked at the app again just now. I'm pretty sure that a dialysis treatment would not be considered maintenance medication. But my CHF example could, according to question #3, indeed be acceptable as a standard risk. Interesting that HIV is also in that question. So theoretically if someone is HIV+, but hasn't had a med adjustment in 2 yrs, they might also be considered for full benefit. But I'm still "rescission shy", given how often clients are less than forthcoming re the extent/severity of their illnesses.

I looked at the app again just now. I'm pretty sure that a dialysis treatment would not be considered maintenance medication. But my CHF example could, according to question #3, indeed be acceptable as a standard risk. Interesting that HIV is also in that question. So theoretically if someone is HIV+, but hasn't had a med adjustment in 2 yrs, they might also be considered for full benefit. But I'm still "rescission shy", given how often clients are less than forthcoming re the extent/severity of their illnesses.

The Agent Guide says HIV/AIDS is GI only.

Dialysis treatment is not a like a traditional type of medication; patients go in three times a week and literally have their blood cleansed in the way the kidneys cannot do; I would feel better giving dialysis patients GI coverage, even though it is not expressly qualified as GI or not.

The Agent Guide says HIV/AIDS is GI only. Dialysis treatment is not a like a traditional type of medication; patients go in three times a week and literally have their blood cleansed in the way the kidneys cannot do; I would feel better giving dialysis patients GI coverage, even though it is not expressly qualified as GI or not.
Thanks, Dave. I was only looking at the app. I have read the agent guide, but I didn't remember that, which sort of illustrates the potential minefield created by question#3's verbiage.

----------

I've been told by an exec at one of the FE companies that they do read the forums to see what's being said about them. So, is there someone from Great Western Insurance Company reading this thread? Would you mind breaking the "code of silence" just this once, and shed some light on the topic?

Thanks, Dave. I was only looking at the app. I have read the agent guide, but I didn't remember that, which sort of illustrates the potential minefield created by question#3's verbiage.

----------

I've been told by an exec at one of the FE companies that they do read the forums to see what's being said about them. So, is there someone from Great Western Insurance Company reading this thread? Would you mind breaking the "code of silence" just this once, and shed some light on the topic?

I recently signed with Medico (good rates in PA too) for a med sup situation that called for a carrier who would take copd so long as no oxygen was in use. I thought Medico's app would fit the bill, so I wrote it. Psyche!:err: They called and told me "no go". I asked why and was told that if I had referred to my agent guide, I would have seen that one the medications in use for the copd was a knockout. I got ahead of myself.:embarrassed

I recently signed with Medico (good rates in PA too) for a med sup situation that called for a carrier who would take copd so long as no oxygen was in use. I thought Medico's app would fit the bill, so I wrote it. Psyche!:err: They called and told me "no go". I asked why and was told that if I had referred to my agent guide, I would have seen that one the medications in use for the copd was a knockout. I got ahead of myself.:embarrassed

Equitable will take that.

Equitable will take that.

You're right Hoosier, Equitable is another option for "no oxygen" copd's. But unfortunately, the rate my upline quoted me was through the roof. Looks like MA may be the only way this person can escape the hell that is MOO plan N. But she's in the Philly metro so a lot of good MA options. I guess that's the only silver lining in this cloud.

You're right Hoosier, Equitable is another option for "no oxygen" copd's. But unfortunately, the rate my upline quoted me was through the roof. Looks like MA may be the only way this person can escape the hell that is MOO plan N. But she's in the Philly metro so a lot of good MA options. I guess that's the only silver lining in this cloud.

Aetna(No more than 2 meds/inhalers, no tobacco and no nebulizer).

Back