• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Quoting Tool for Seniors

Compliance is absolutely the reason for the difficulty with creating a med advantage I'm sure. I would like it to work in Norvax for the same reason as I do health leads, gets people to stop shopping, coordinates with the CRM. When it comes to decision time I've earned the trust and made the recommendation.

It doesn't , easy it does not show AARP in FL nor BX, they only show MOO & Gerber.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining thought, it's a great tool, which is free....I'm just pointing out that's erroneous (hooked on phonics is working!) to think they show all plans.

maybe its all of the MA plans? could be due to the marketing guidelines associated with MA.:skeptical:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Compliance is absolutely the reason for the difficulty with creating a med advantage I'm sure. I would like it to work in Norvax for the same reason as I do health leads, gets people to stop shopping, coordinates with the CRM. When it comes to decision time I've earned the trust and made the recommendation.

not 100 % sure but maybe all MA plans must be quoted?
This could be a CMS guideline/regualtion? I may be wrong.

Last edited:
I just read through this. A few things I can shed light on:

1. The reason I don't allow agents to use the Medicare Quote Engine on a public web page is because some of the carriers I quote contractually forbid me from doing it.
2. You can use the Med Supp quotes as Rob describes. I would recommend that you be appointed with the carriers you include in quotes, however.
3. Regarding Medicare Advantage and Part D, if you list ALL plans available, it's doesn't meet CMS' definition of marketing (steering to one plan or a group of plans), so it doesn't require CMS approval.
4. The usage of MQE is getting to a point where carriers may be more interested in agreeing to have their rates publicly displayed. Last year at this time, MQE was delivering about 25,000 quotes a month. This month will be closer to 100,000.
5. I still have one technology hurdle to overcome before it would be practical to widely syndicate MQE for agents. I'll likely be addressing this in the first 1/2 of 2011. Since carriers would allow syndication, it wasn't really a priority issue.
6. I am working towards including enrollment/e-app integrated into MQE tied back to an embedded agent writing number. Oddly, this may be easier with MA and PDP than with Med Supp. With Med Supp, it would be more achievable to do it with pre-populated applications which can be emailed as attachments or links, however, the consumer would need to print and sign and then fax, mail or email back to the agent to complete the process. I'm just not sure how excited agents would be about e-mailing pre-populated med supp apps.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Craig

would you even want to quote seniors "all med supp plans." There are over 30 carriers in some states.

You don't need all carriers, but you need more than a handful. Once you are notified someone is on your site looking for Medicare info, that is all you really need to move in and help them.

Craig, I like (and use) your quote engine, however the last 2 times I have tried to log in your server was down.

Good thing I still know how to use rate sheets.

Craig,

Thank you so much for making your quote engine available for agents. What some people have pointed out recently is that the rates for Assured Life are now gone and the rates for Sentinel Life and (possibly Gerber?) are not yet updated since 10/1.

Can you please tell us if these (Assured, Sentinel, Gerber) updates are in the offing, or is Assured Life gone for good from the MQE?

Thanks again!

Sam

I just read through this. A few things I can shed light on:

1. The reason I don't allow agents to use the Medicare Quote Engine on a public web page is because some of the carriers I quote contractually forbid me from doing it.

...would you even want to quote seniors "all med supp plans." There are over 30 carriers in some states.

Any agent who is serious about working the senior market to sell Med Supps will have done the research and already know the top three most competitive companies in each state they sell in. They will also know when that changes.

Med Supps are sold on price. All plans are standardized. A serious agent will also know which plan he/she is going to sell to the prospect.

I don't understand why anyone would want to or take the time to enter data in a quote engine to find out how much the premium is going to be. It only takes an instant to look at their age and zip code and put one's finger on the rate.

The agent will also know and feel comfortable that the rate being quoted is accurate.

Guys, figuring Med Supp rates isn't rocket science. Why try to make it so difficult and time consuming?

In some peoples sales approach, you're ending the shopping for the client by showing them all the rates then explaining the diffences in the carriers. Having done that, you've effectively helped them to "shop" which was what they planned to do before they decided.

It's basically the best closing process I've ever found for internet leads.

They'd rather see all the rates with one highlighted than have me tell them they're getting a good deal.

Back