Requesting A Little Direction

Damn, so SL's 3 times as much as as SoN's :shocked:

Looks that way doesn't it? That also means the commission is about 3 times bigger with Sr Life doesn't it?

But if an agent has only one carrier in their state that will accept this proposed insured I say the agent should write 'em up. You seem to be saying don't write 'em up.

Has Sons of Norway had these cheap GI rates for a long time? Seems like with their low premiums on GI this would be a block of business that they'd lose $$$ on,,,,you know,,,,,so they can't accept any new agents for the time being...lol.

Think about it. All the other FE carriers out there (except Sr Life) won't touch this case of business. (They must view it as unprofitable I suppose). And couple that with the fact of how low the premiums are for these GI cases makes it look like Sons of Norway are making a bad business decision.

If anyone can explain how S of N is making a good business decision with this example I'm all ears. Maybe someone from S of N can explain this kind of business decision, and how they explain it to their stock holders.

Looks that way doesn't it? That also means the commission is about 3 times bigger with Sr Life doesn't it?

But if an agent has only one carrier in their state that will accept this proposed insured I say the agent should write 'em up. You seem to be saying don't write 'em up.
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if both are available, why would you sell somebody something for 3 times the price. Legacy or whatever you call it isn't going to justify the difference. :no::wacko:

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if both are available, why would you sell somebody something for 3 times the price. Legacy or whatever you call it isn't going to justify the difference. :no::wacko:
If he can make a mark and answer a few questions on a limited phone interview he would qualify for National Security's Graded 35/70/100% of face. $15.88 10k, $36.42 25K.

Both are not available. S of N is not contracting anymore agents and she was not contracted with them before they slammed the door shut for new agents. Pack another bowl and pass it...lol.

Last edited:
Both are not available. S of N is not contracting anymore agents and she was not contracted with them before they slammed the door shut for new agents. Pack another bowl and pass it...lol.
I'm done talking to a brick wall. I already mentioned that SoN's isn't offering new contracts and I said if both are available. :SLEEP:

I quit smoking. Now I do edibles. :yes:

I don't know....maybe 3 times the commission maybe?
Anyway, it was clearly established that both were not available earlier. I guess you overlooked that part? I guess we can blame the edibles, right?

Last edited:
I’m not at liberty to discuss the IMO’s name .But an IMO i use can contract agents with sons of Norway . He’s one of their longest tenure IMO’s.He only offers to long standing agents with him .

Back