• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Response to "I Need to Think About It"

Thanks for the input. Anyone else have any feedback on what they say when they hear this stall?

What exactly is it that you do? "I need to think about it" or "I need to talk to my spouse" is something that should be sales 101.

Find the book called "Million Dollar Closing Techniques"

If you walk away accepting that answer, you might as well give up...Don't take that as an answer...

Ask him what does he need to think about? Does have really have to think about the protection or is it the cost. What can he afford?

When they have to think about, just keep asking him questions that reinforces why he should buy it.

Remember always listen to them . Here there question and then repeat it to them. Then use some of the statements from above.
Another book is Tom hopkins....its like a college course in selling. There are many...find one that fits your style and learn it inside and out. It may be what makes you successful or not.

If you are getting this kind of reaction, chances are you have not done your job on the front end. The problem lies in one of the following areas.

You have not established rapport or confidence.

You have not asked the right questions and listened to their response.

You have not offered a workable solution for their problem.

I would have to agree with the other posts.

Your sales skills are weak at best.

I don't think we should criticize the OP. He is probably new at this. I'm sure that when you started out, you had similar questions.

Best of luck OP. Be persistent and courteous, and you will keep making deals.

If you are getting this kind of reaction, chances are you have not done your job on the front end. The problem lies in one of the following areas.

You have not established rapport or confidence.

You have not asked the right questions and listened to their response.

You have not offered a workable solution for their problem.

The venerable one (somarco) as usual makes very salient points.

"Objections" signal a mistake further back in your process. You either didn't identify the decision maker(s), point out drawbacks to your proposed solution, etc., etc., etc.

Instead of looking for some snappy "Tom Hopkins Stuck-In-The-80s" glib retort, examine your process/presentation.

That's where the problem lies.

Back