ROTH Vs Permanent Insurance (More Specifically, FIUL)

...But yeah, its stupid to put an Annuity in an IRA...
I don't agree with that. Sure, annuities have costs, but what doesn't? Mutuals have loads and / or fees regardless of the share type.

You didn't say it, but I'm still amazed that agents still say "Why would ya put a deferred inside a deferred?"

It's as if the only benefit of an annuity is tax deferral... or more precisely... tax POSTPONEMENT.

I don't agree with that. Sure, annuities have costs, but what doesn't? Mutuals have loads and / or fees regardless of the share type.

You didn't say it, but I'm still amazed that agents still say "Why would ya put a deferred inside a deferred?"

It's as if the only benefit of an annuity is tax deferral... or more precisely... tax POSTPONEMENT.

Again, a huge dose of WEB SARCASM was used in that last sentence....

Did you guys only read that last sentence and not all of the ones before it filled with reasons TO fund it with an IA that I wrote above it????

Really guys?? Is it monday morning or something?

Matt, I will defer to the answers from DHK, Xrac and SCAgent as they all beat me to it.

There use to be some wonderful riders out there. As interests fell and companies were forced to recalculate reserves the riders are pretty crappy in comparison now.

Again, a huge dose of WEB SARCASM was used in that last sentence....

Did you guys only read that last sentence and not all of the ones before it filled with reasons TO fund it with an IA that I wrote above it????

Really guys?? Is it monday morning or something?
:D I was just talking with someone yesterday about how one-dimensional communicating via web posts was. I think to help us out, you're going to need to find a good "sarcasm" smilie. I thought that was uncharacteristic of you. :goofy:

Yeah... a smilie of some kind would've helped. No problem. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh, and using "quotes" or italics helps to communicate a different tone too.

Last edited:
Back