Saw a new low for a Banker's agent today..

"Chris Markowski called the tactic a classic bait and switch, and told INSIDE EDITION that there is absolutely no annuity that makes sense for someone who is 73 years old."

I beg to differ. Annuities are not in and of themselves evil. There are certainly options that would provide a 73 year old a guaranteed income for life and wouldn't be taking advantage of the person.

And as far as "putting them in the nursing home," that is no more than getting them emotionally involved in the need. Heck, how do you sell a death benefit without putting them in the morgue and asking them how their kids are going to pay for them to get from the morgue to the cemetery? I don't mean to defend Bankers Life agents by any means, but this article is really not even handed at all.

Completely agree. The entire annuity game has changed. Many of the annuities today are very good (especially fixed-indexed), and they serve as pensions. Many people are also living well into their 90's. It'll give them guaranteed income for life, and some of them can be passed onto their beneficiaries/estate. Anyone that thinks annuities "aren't good for a 73 year old" are very much misinformed, to the point that it's laughable.

I mean it is happening whether we like it or not. My joke was that was what the bankers agent was doing with the 3 year deal since that is the estimated time frame for M4A

I mean it is happening whether we like it or not. My joke was that was what the bankers agent was doing with the 3 year deal since that is the estimated time frame for M4A

You really don't know what you're talking about.

1) Democrats have been pitching a universal health insurance system since before 1992.

2) Congress has to pass a universal healthcare system, which is frankly unlikely anytime soon.

3) A President has to sign it into law/Congress has to have 2/3's vote to ignore the veto.

Trump, at this point in time, is likely getting a second term.

The Democratic ticket is really weak and overexposed. Warren and Sanders are too far left and will scare moderates off. Biden is to all over the place and doesn't connect with general voters.

There is no candidate that has the appeal that they need to upset an incumbent.

Furthermore, The Senate is not likely going Blue.

Also, you don't even know what Medicare for All looks like at this point. Is it an adoption of the current system? Is it a whole new system? Who knows.

Making wild assumptions about Medicare for all is fun and all, but let's not pretend anyone knows wtf will happen after January 2021.

Yikes, did I hit a nerve? I agree Trump has a very good chance at getting re-elected.

Medicare for all is quite a far departure from what they have proposed prior.

Don't need to debate politics. I do not think Warren is left at all, maybe that is what people are saying, but Warren doesn't even really want m4a if you read some of the stuff she says about implementation.

I do not know what will happen. I was simply making a joke. Someone said a bankers life agent said it will be premium free in 3 years, my joke was that is the approximate time frame given by Warren/Sanders etc if m4a took place so maybe the bankers life agent wasn't lying. But, yea, a joke. I don't have any clue when m4a will take place, and obviously it won't be in January 2021, but one day, yes.

Back