• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Select Insurance Group - The 411

lll3857

Expert
A few months back someone had a thread that was asking about the 411 on Select Insurance Group. I had some friends that have had amazing success with the Select Insurance Group in Pennsylvania. So, when I saw the thread, I had got involved in the conversation.

This year was the second time I tried to interview and the first time I was offered a position. So I did a lot of due diligence.

I came to find out there are quite a few companies using the name SIG (that are using the same name) all over the country. From what I could find out the one that is the mac-daddy, and the only one that is the real deal right now is the one in Pennsylvania where my friends do work. They are SelectInsuranceGroup.Net

I am quite sure now after doing some research, we were probably talking and arguing about different companies a few months back when I first saw the thread on SIG here. There are a few companies riding on the rep of the real SIG in Texas, Missouri, and Florida that apparently are getting bad reviews.

The president of the firm in Pennsylvania is a guy named Don. They do have some amazing training and technology with the way they are doing things. The training they provide is what really makes them stand out right now (according to all the brokers that have worked there for years that I have talked with). They are charging an $850.00 set up fee if you get selected for the Senior Broker position. I feel that is fair after seeing all they provide with the quoting systems and web site and lead programs. The Brokers that work there claim the technology they are using and the training keeps getting better and better each year, and all seem to love working there. Other than the set up money they don't charge anything else as far as I can see at this point. So far I am very happy, but........

My concern is that this company sells every kind of insurance imaginable and you have to go though training on all of the different insurances that they sell (if you work as a Senior Broker) there. They do both P/C and Health, Life and everything else from commercial to individual in all categories under the sun.

The agents that work there (that are really successful) seem to either be P/C or Health/Life agents, but not both. My question is, "is it really possible to build a book of business as an agent working alone in a system like this one". I am really wondering if being successful and good in all the areas is even really possible when working alone like this. SIG claims it is, but the agents seem to be focusing in one area or another.

If that is the case, which area is the most lucrative and the fastest to build a successful business in ?? Any thoughts ?? :1confused:

They are charging an $850.00 set up fee...Any thoughts ?? :1confused:

Yes, it would be insane for you to pay a dime to work for them or anybody. You already make them money on overrides. That is just crazy that they would charge $850. I mean, paying somebody $850 to be in senior insurances? That is just nuts.

Yes, it would be insane for you to pay a dime to work for them or anybody. You already make them money on overrides. That is just crazy that they would charge $850. I mean, paying somebody $850 to be in senior insurances? That is just nuts.

Is that why you only charged SAI $750?

Rick

Oh no, that is where you are really wrong. Show me a company that provides 1/10 of what they do for their brokers. I have not seen anyone in the insurance field making the kind of money that a lot of these brokers do here at SIG, and as quickly. I have talked with a lot of them since starting. Because of the system they use they are able to build a book at an enormously much faster rate of speed, it's an amazing concept. It took me a while to get their system down and do it well, but I am there now. The $850 is the least of my worries, that is money well spent and peanuts when you look at what they spend on every broker they hire. Besides, with all they have given me (at no charge) they have thousands of dollars invested. If you saw what they provide to everyone, I am sure you would feel differently. These guys are not some ten cent operation, they really seem to do do everything the right way....at least it seems like that to me. I am very pleased with everything so far. For starters (without counting in the on line system and web site they provide), just show me a company that will furnish the kind of leads in quality and volume that they can for their brokers and I would be surprised. So as you can hear, I am very happy with the system I was trained on.

What I was asking is, would I be better off focusing on just P/C or Health/ Life.....or actually trying to do it all. Seems like the guys who specialize here do much better. That was my question.

I specifically said that I did NOT have any problem with the fee they charged me. So far this is turning out to be an amazing opportunity and company to work for. I have only been here now for two months after training. Just wanted to get some advice on which direction I should take with the kind of insurance I decide to specialize in.

Thanks for the response though !!;)

Figure out what makes you happy and run with it.. Do you prefer to insure an auto/property or someone's life...

Oh no, that is where you are really wrong. Show me a company that provides 1/10 of what they do for their brokers. I have not seen anyone in the insurance field making the kind of money that a lot of these brokers do here at SIG, and as quickly. I have talked with a lot of them since starting. Because of the system they use they are able to build a book at an enormously much faster rate of speed, it's an amazing concept. It took me a while to get their system down and do it well, but I am there now. The $850 is the least of my worries, that is money well spent and peanuts when you look at what they spend on every broker they hire. Besides, with all they have given me (at no charge) they have thousands of dollars invested. If you saw what they provide to everyone, I am sure you would feel differently. These guys are not some ten cent operation, they really seem to do do everything the right way....at least it seems like that to me. I am very pleased with everything so far. For starters (without counting in the on line system and web site they provide), just show me a company that will furnish the kind of leads in quality and volume that they can for their brokers and I would be surprised. So as you can hear, I am very happy with the system I was trained on.

What I was asking is, would I be better off focusing on just P/C or Health/ Life.....or actually trying to do it all. Seems like the guys who specialize here do much better. That was my question.

I specifically said that I did NOT have any problem with the fee they charged me. So far this is turning out to be an amazing opportunity and company to work for. I have only been here now for two months after training. Just wanted to get some advice on which direction I should take with the kind of insurance I decide to specialize in.

Thanks for the response though !!;)

Get a partner or a licensed assistant and do both. I think the L/H is were you are going to get the most bang for your buck in the beginning though.

The thread starter has posted 10 times since Nov. All 10 have been about this company.

Any chance he's an owner?

Rick

There really is no defense for charging an agent $850 in order to let them write business and make more money off of them. It is just insane. I wonder if anybody actually falls for it.

Back