Selling Med Sups Over The Phone!

lifeagent13

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
I have seen a few of the big names on here who are involved in selling Med Sups over the phone. I wanted to hear from you Indy agents out there who are doing it successfully.

Any advice you might have?

Which IMO would be best to partner with?

Thanks

I have seen a few of the big names on here who are involved in selling Med Sups over the phone. I wanted to hear from you Indy agents out there who are doing it successfully.

Any advice you might have?

Which IMO would be best to partner with?

Thanks

Most of mine are done over the phone, but it's all referral based so it isn't hard to do. If you are wanting to learn how to cold call and sell over the phone, I'd recommend reaching out to Daytona Guy on the forum.

Most of mine are done over the phone, but it's all referral based so it isn't hard to do. If you are wanting to learn how to cold call and sell over the phone, I'd recommend reaching out to Daytona Guy on the forum.

I would love to learn to cold call myself, or hire a telemarketer to help set up a few leads. I'm brand new to the Medicare scene

I would love to learn to cold call myself, or hire a telemarketer to help set up a few leads. I'm brand new to the Medicare scene

If you're new to Medicare then I highly recommend Christ Westfall's (Daytona Guy) training site MedicareAgentTraining.com - Medicare training on how to sell Medicare Supplements by phone and/or Rick Bronstein's training site (GreenSky) Medicare Training 101.

They both have information on their training websites that can help you. And probably well worth the cost of membership.

Regardless of what anyone else suggests, I always recommend learning to sell med supps face to face.

Anyone can just say "my Plan F is the same as your current Plan F for $30 less per month." It takes knowledge of the product to show the value of Plan G or N. It is much easier to build trust and learn to explain the product differences face to face.

After a short while you'll know what to say and when making telephone sales much easier.

By the way, I hired a telemarketer last May and although I sell mainly on the phone, I prefer to meet people in person. You can never build as much trust without eye to eye contact.

Rick

Regardless of what anyone else suggests, I always recommend learning to sell med supps face to face. Anyone can just say "my Plan F is the same as your current Plan F for $30 less per month." It takes knowledge of the product to show the value of Plan G or N. It is much easier to build trust and learn to explain the product differences face to face. After a short while you'll know what to say and when making telephone sales much easier. By the way, I hired a telemarketer last May and although I sell mainly on the phone, I prefer to meet people in person. You can never build as much trust without eye to eye contact. Rick

Do you see a change in persistency when you sell over the phone vs in person? I have been told persistency in the 90% range is pretty typical

Do you see a change in persistency when you sell over the phone vs in person? I have been told persistency in the 90% range is pretty typical

90% is far too low for Med Supps. If done correctly, the only clients you should lose are the clients who die. I may lose a Med Supp client from time to time to a MAPD, but I am the one selling them the MAPD as well.

Since it's rare that anyone shops their own supplement, it's damn near impossible to lose someone unless you write crap carriers who's initials are similar to the sound a cow makes.

Rick

Back