Selling Med Sups Over The Phone!

I just took the F2F required training for Humana earlier this week and was told that if you planned to do telesales, you needed to talk to your upline. I asked the instructor after class about it and he was mum on the subject. A couple of people in the class were puzzled as they work in a call center and were initially told to take that training then it changed to the field agent training. I called my broker after, who assured me that the telesales policy only applies to call center agents. They aren't big in my area, but he sells their MAPDs in a southern and western state very successfully. I was hoping to sell their PDP along with Med Supps but I think I'll use another carrier for that now to avoid the headaches.

I just took the F2F required training for Humana earlier this week and was told that if you planned to do telesales, you needed to talk to your upline. I asked the instructor after class about it and he was mum on the subject. A couple of people in the class were puzzled as they work in a call center and were initially told to take that training then it changed to the field agent training. I called my broker after, who assured me that the telesales policy only applies to call center agents. They aren't big in my area, but he sells their MAPDs in a southern and western state very successfully. I was hoping to sell their PDP along with Med Supps but I think I'll use another carrier for that now to avoid the headaches.

And according to Humana that's a section A violation or whatever the f*ck they decided to call it.

I read the CMS guidelines start to finish and could find nothing precluding us from doing a phone presentation or sending info. by mail. In fact, CMS specifically states that F2F is NOT required.

I'd love to find some real (and correct) guidance on this.

Rick

Green sky ....... I noticed that you are offering Frank Stasny's training book on your website. Didn't Frank sell over the phone?

Green sky ....... I noticed that you are offering Frank Stasny's training book on your website. Didn't Frank sell over the phone?

When I first started in this buis ( mabye 4 months in), I had signed up with a 2nd FMO for a carrier, Mainly being a newby, because they showed me great rates and a free mailer,

What they didnt say was the mailer was just pieces and I had to buy a list and mail them myself they were over sized so it cost me more then I would have paid normally

Anyway I did not get any call and it was suggested that I cold call the leads, I struggled bad with that.

Now I do all my sales over the phone, I contacted Frank through this forum
and He helped me a lot, He def had experience doing both in home and over the phone.

He helped me look at this buis and the client differently and make some minor adjustments that made a world of difference

He is responsible for where I am today, I maybe went on 5 in home appointments to date.

everything I do is mainly over the phone

Back