Should My Info and a Picture Be on the Home Page or About Us?

Here is my two cents:

- if you have multiple agents do an about me for each associate with a short link your employees can send prospective clients to. (They or you can even buy a domain and point it directly to that page). On that page you can have a form to allow prospects to request a quote and fill information out online. If your using Wordpress you can use contact form 7 plugin to create the forms for each agent which can email the agent directly and copy you. In addition you can store this in a database to later go and review the effectiveness of it.

- if you are the only agent or you have a select small amount of agents why not put your pictures on all of the pages. In Wordpress you can do this via the sidebar widget. Maybe even link to the individual pages when you click about me

With that said; it's extremely important to provide a personal connection on your website. Your online conversions will increase when you master this. Example: business blogs do okay but the blogs who sometimes add extra value outside of the business atmosphere such as my fishing trip this weekend help create a more personal connection.

If your building a website consider adding a blog and add video educations about various insurance topics. Like how to read your dec page; what is underinsured and uninsured and what does that cover, etc. this will help increase traffic and branding.

Hope you find my input to be of value.

I agree with Bertolinoins and Timamr... people buy from people they like and having your picture "humanizes" you. A lot of marketing these days involved mixing the personal and professional side of a business person showing his interests, activities, family and I've read some articles where this has been successful. Remember... keep your most important info above the fold line.

I agree with Cory. Having your picture with your family is a good thing. It says you are someone they can relate to. People like to do business with people like themselves.

just to carry it a step further: I do most of my business thru webinars, screen sharing, etc. so when I share my screen with someone while speaking with them on the phone, one of the FIRST things they see is a picture of me and my son on my Harley. Granted, it is one of my favorite pics and is several years old, but they dont know that. To them, that picture could have been taken yesterday.

Lots of people have a suit and tie picture and I think that is fine also! I just like a more laid back approach. It fits my personality, in my opinion.

No, not everyone likes motorcycles and one person told me how wrong I was by putting a child on a bike (i think I made that sale also), but almost everytime someone sees that, they comment and can relate that I am a human being and not just some money hungry insurance salesman.

Hope that helps.

Timamt...I like it. I sold alot of health insurance over the phone and screen sharing and when you're dressed business casual you appeal to (in my opinion) a larger body of people...they relate to you better. Good point...it's all in the details!!!

just to carry it a step further: I do most of my business thru webinars, screen sharing, etc. so when I share my screen with someone while speaking with them on the phone, one of the FIRST things they see is a picture of me and my son on my Harley. Granted, it is one of my favorite pics and is several years old, but they dont know that. To them, that picture could have been taken yesterday.

Lots of people have a suit and tie picture and I think that is fine also! I just like a more laid back approach. It fits my personality, in my opinion.

No, not everyone likes motorcycles and one person told me how wrong I was by putting a child on a bike (i think I made that sale also), but almost everytime someone sees that, they comment and can relate that I am a human being and not just some money hungry insurance salesman.

Hope that helps.

I think a picture of you, your son and your Harley is very humanizing and something people relate to. Probably preferrable to a typical classic pose with suit and tie.

Back