Something I Agree w/ Dave Ramsey On

Media entertainers do not need to be licensed to offer financial information . . . this includes "consumer reporters" and folks like DR.

He can be compensated by the agency as an employee, officer or board member without being licensed.

Last edited:
Media entertainers do not need to be licensed to offer financial information . . . this includes "consumer reporters" and folks like DR.

He can be compensated by the agency as an employee, officer or board member without being licensed.
I think he is also compensated as a Lead Generator/Provider.

DnFzIEdUcAAkmVI.jpg

He has his fingers in several pies. Cheshire Cat.

I think he is also compensated as a Lead Generator/Provider.

His ELP insurance brokers pay a fee for an exclusive, protected territory and are provided leads from his organization.

Practically everything he does generates a stream of income. He is a masterful self promoter.

I totally agree with him on life insurance. I still have not had anyone explain to me why anything but term make since. If you are buying whole and universal for an investment then inflation is going to completely destroy you. Just seems like a way to launder money and that's it.

That whole thing of giving advice w/o being licensed really blows me away.
I totally agree with him on life insurance. I still have not had anyone explain to me why anything but term make since. If you are buying whole and universal for an investment then inflation is going to completely destroy you. Just seems like a way to launder money and that's it.

The tax provisions in permanent life insurance when super-funded is a powerful concept for high earners.

Another consideration for permanent life insurance is the literal coverage for your "whole life"

But this is the P&C portion of the forum so that's that I guess.

You're probably not aware that his earlier radio show co-host was Roy Matlock Jr......of A.L. Williams/Primerica fame?

How would this look on an ROI basis? A business owner can invest in his own business and fully deduct or depreciate everything. I don't see how a life insurance policy could beat the return one would get in their own business or even the returns of the S&P 500 over the long term. The ROI is great for the agents and carriers that sell it.

Latest posts

Back