The Sales Appointment Confirmation Form

The Sales Appointment Confirmation Form (SAC Form) by Coventry is a good example of what Bob was referring to. It is very broad and has some key disclaimers.

Here is yet another set of SAC questions.

1.) If you send out a SAC Form to your clients, would you be able to place a different carriers product and still submit the Coventry SAC form or would you have to submit the placed plan's SAC or SCOPE Form?

2.) If you look at the SAC Form, Coventry only has one space per beneficiary. What do we do when we talk with the wife, and the husband never gets involved until we meet face to face. This happens all the time. He never agreed to meet with me. How does he complete the SAC Form? Am I cold-calling?

I sold 6 med supps today, 2 of them went to a Humana town hall meeting? Thats how the agent billed it, they were confused he just read off the script kept them confused and said he wanted them all to fill out the form and leave it with him so he could visit them. The seniors were confused thought he just wanted more personal information and thought it was a scam... So continue to market the MA's and I will write the med supps!!!!

Here's my two-cents worth, from my throne, of course.

When they send you the form, and you call for the appointment, make it clear to them that the Medicare Advantage Plans are individual plans, and as crazy as it sounds, in order to speak with both of them, they each have to submit the SAC form to you.

This may get the hubby's form to you. Not 100% of the time, but if you make them aware of the regulations, and that it is for their protection, you will find that they will be more agreeable.

In fact, if you can, when they send you the initiating e-mail, make sure it states that both of them want to meet with you.

Now, that's just me. I don't have to earn a living, though. Perhaps someone who has to run 5 to 6 appointments a day is better equipped to answer your question.

Bob, no need to get off your throne... I think I've got this one :-)

If you have unexpected guests show up at your appt, you can make the presentation to them if they fill out the form on the spot before presenting.

Here's the exact wording from my Humana email:

EXCEPTION #2 - If an agent has a properly solicited appointment with a Sales Appointment Confirmation form in hand and unexpectedly finds that there are additional beneficiaries present that were not anticipated, the agent must have each additional beneficiary complete the scope of appointment form prior to conducting the sales presentation. If any of the additional beneficiaries wish to learn about plans other than what was originally agreed to, the agent must make a separate appointment with that person to discuss their desired plans.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BTW: Here's Exception #1 just in case you were wondering...

EXCEPTION #1 - Beneficiary walk-ins to a plan or agent/broker office or similar beneficiary initiated face-to-face sales event. The agent should complete a Sales Appointment Confirmation form and the beneficiary must sign the form BEFORE discussing Medicare Advantage or Part D plan. Agent must note on the form that the beneficiary was a walk-in.

Last edited:
Midwest, do you remember where you read that about the lead cards? Has anyone else heard this?

I haven't seen that in writing, but, it was stated on Pyramid's Todays Options call yesterday. As strictly as Pryramid is interpreting the rules, I'm sure there must be some fire under that smoke.

They said that their lead peices were CMS approved and the client's sending one in would satisfy all the criteria of the new rules.

Bob, am I understanding right that most of the seniors you deal with have fax machines in their home?

That would speed things up but I don't think most have a fax.

I plan to snail mail it with a postage paid reply envelope.

Yes, most of the seniors I know do have a fax in their home, or know how to drive to Kinko's to fax it to me.

They also have e-mail, phones, cars, a grasp of the English language, etc.

I steer clear of anyone who appears "lost" "confused" or "a bit slow". That's an E and O claim waiting to happen, and I'll gladly let someone else have that.

Because I sell other products: Med Supps, Health, LTC, Dental, etc. I can pick and choose which seniors I work with. That's why, when it comes to the senior market, I have made a concious (SP?) effort to work only with those that know me, or know of me. They are not low income, and some are still gainfully employed.

So, in that respect, that portion of my business is "handed" to me. That doesn't mean I don't work my butt off, making sure I know the in's and out's of each policy and company.

I won't apologize for my method of operation, as it pertains to this product market.

You know, all I did, as a health insurance agent, was give my opinion of my thoughts on the CMS form. I really thought it was going to be worse.

Bob, I'm similar to you. Med Advantage is just a small portion of my business and I basically sell it only to my client base and referals.

But I'm still suprised by MOST of your clients having a convenient fax machine. I may be way underestimating the public but I don't think mine do. And I have a pretty affluent client base.

By the time they drove it to Kinkos, they could just drive it to my office.

I think I'm just going to stick to my plan to snail mail them with a reply envelope.

Yes, most of the seniors I know do have a fax in their home, or know how to drive to Kinko's to fax it to me.

They also have e-mail, phones, cars, a grasp of the English language, etc.

I steer clear of anyone who appears "lost" "confused" or "a bit slow". That's an E and O claim waiting to happen, and I'll gladly let someone else have that.

Because I sell other products: Med Supps, Health, LTC, Dental, etc. I can pick and choose which seniors I work with. That's why, when it comes to the senior market, I have made a concious (SP?) effort to work only with those that know me, or know of me. They are not low income, and some are still gainfully employed.

So, in that respect, that portion of my business is "handed" to me. That doesn't mean I don't work my butt off, making sure I know the in's and out's of each policy and company.

I won't apologize for my method of operation, as it pertains to this product market.

You know, all I did, as a health insurance agent, was give my opinion of my thoughts on the CMS form. I really thought it was going to be worse.

Snail mail is fine. I've got no problem with it.

It just so happens that the 65+'ers I know have a home All-in-one, or live near a Kinko's.

I'm sure some will mail it to me. The only thing I will not accept is a voice mail. Those tend to get accidentally erased, and I feel someone can better express themselves when they write something down, than try to get their point across on a machine.

Bob,

I am amazed at your over 65 client base having a all in one machine in home. I have many senior clients, all walks of life and would say that maybe 5% have a fax machine at home.

A response I get from some of my more affluent clients if asked about having a fax machine is " I will have my atty, acct, advisor, son, or daughter fax it.

Back