thinking ahead

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
The baby boom has about 3 more years before there is a steady decline on T65 every year (see attached picture).
Any thoughts on what the next insurance buble will be? My guess is something to do with all the dying baby boomers starting in a few years?

Attachments

• usbrate.gif
    usbrate.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 15
with all the dying baby boomers starting in a few years?

Baby boomers generally defined as born from 1946 to 1964.

Currently about 76 million of us. I am part of the leading edge (1950) and given my overall health and family history, figure I have another 20 years.

There are quite a few born after me, many are becoming clients on a regular basis.

I plan on surfing this wave for several more years before hanging up my spurs.

That's the beauty of a "bubble". There's the front side (the gettin' is good), the top (the gettin' is great) and the backside (the gettin' is as good as the front, just not as great as the top).

Riding the train until it stops making hay or I'm sick of it, whichever comes first.

Considering that insurance agents probably suffer from the same problems (Stopping Hearts and Stopping Breathing) as the rest of the population, perhaps the percentage of active senior market insurance agents per overall senior market population will remain relatively constant or decline.

It may be that senior market insurance agents have more to fear in the future from legislative changes than they do from declining American birth rates.

Considering that insurance agents probably suffer from the same problems (Stopping Hearts and Stopping Breathing) as the rest of the population, perhaps the percentage of active senior market insurance agents per overall senior market population will remain relatively constant or decline.

It may be that senior market insurance agents have more to fear in the future from legislative changes than they do from declining American birth rates.

I would agree.

However, I’m going after SCUBA diver term insurance if I leave the Senior market

Or the ones that dive in golf courses for balls.

I used to live a few blocks from a city golf course. The south edge of it had a nice rough of trees and grass that lay between the golf course and a city exercise path. I would sometimes walk down there and go hunting for golf balls in the rough. I got in trouble once because the one I picked up was actually in play.

I used to live a few blocks from a city golf course. The south edge of it had a nice rough of trees and grass that lay between the golf course and a city exercise path. I would sometimes walk down there and go hunting for golf balls in the rough. I got in trouble once because the one I picked up was actually in play.
Something like that happened to me once. We were staying at a resort in the Chicago area and were walking beside the golf course. My oldest son was 3 or 4 years old at the time. He saw a golf ball laying in the grass and ran and picked it up. It was in play. The guy was real good about it and traded him an older ball for the one in play. :laugh:

Back